1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Savock_uk, May 7, 2010.

1. Savock_uk

Savock_uk Guest

Hi all, recently i got my tinkering to GM so i could make GM chests to raise lockpicking.
    I made about 20 large crates with carpentry of 55.4 thinking they would have GM locks but when i tested the large crates out i never broke a pick and i didnt fail once.
    i have 85 lockpicking, GM tinkering and 55 carpentry, is there something im doing wrong? any help would be great.

2. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

May 24, 2008
    The chests should have GM quality locks. You might want to check the Treasure Hunter forum, to see if this has happened to anyone else. Did you make crates? I have always used the little reddish wooden boxes and never had a problem with them. Maybe the crates work differently than the wooden boxes.

Stayin Alive,

3. I used about 500 gm lock boxes in bunches of 20 - you have to keep switching around. I seem to remember at 85 I would succeed about 99 percent of the time, and gains were slow. One thing I did was get a chest from Miasma, and alternate that in about every 5 to 10 boxes. I failed it every time, but gains seemed to come quicker with it in the mix. I think Miasma chests may be the toughest to open. I still fail 4 out of 5 times at gm on these. Dont forget to hit some dungeon chests once in a while to break up the boredom. Mindless grinding just isn't my thing...O yeah, the banks in Fel have some nice chests too, particularly Vesper and Trinsic.