1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Logging in daily does NOT always stop decay.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Bobar, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Having fallen victim to the eternal nature of this quest and trying to maintain loyalty with 9 different characters for the 9 cities today I found that the statement on the Herald 'Factions, Virtue, and City Loyality points will not decay if you log in daily anytime after maintenance' is not necessarily true.

Since the fix I have had no problems that I am aware of until today. Every day I log in each of the characters in the same order. Today when I logged in the 7th one Instead of aligned I got the message 'failed to align, your loyalties decay'. It would seem then that despite this imposed burden of logging in daily the fix is still suspect. One would have hoped that as this quest has been running for near 6 months they might have finally got it right but it seems not. Once again I am not a happy bunny.

Anyone else had this?

2. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

When I saw what a grind this was gonna be, I dropped it like a hot potato. So first hand, I have no experience with it, really.
    What I am told tho, is that its like growing plants. Loggin in everyday isnt enough, it has to be the same time or a little after, everyday. The old 23-24 hour timer thing. Sure wish they would make everything where it reset for renewal at server up...

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  3. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I fell pray to this caveat too. I was logging in around the same time every day but one day I got busy with RL and couldn't log in until later than normal that day. Almost all of my characters lost something. Now when I am not sure if I'll have time to log in the next day I do it twice, my normal time and then in the evening. This is a little cumbersome with the ~25 characters I do this for. I'll be out of town this weekend and unable to log in, I am really not sure what that is going to look like.

4. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well the 23-24 hour thing is just not good enough. They stated ANYTIME after maintenance and that has to mean exactly that. This whole stupid business with decay has been a disaster from start to finish except it isn't finished it's still going on.
    It is bad enough with 9 characters if I was running 25 I would be tearing my hair out by now. As for logging 25 characters in TWICE a day that has to be some kind of joke. Decay should never have been a part of this in the first place it imposed unecessary repetetive actions which have gone on, it seems like forever. I live in hope that something will be learned but I wont hold my breath.

5. Sauteed Onion

I just wish they'd go take a small coding course fresher upper, even like 1 at a time. Seems like everything is buggier than humid august night in Virginia meow.

6. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I used to try to work on the virtues on all of my tamers and some of my crafters, a little bit here and there. Eventually it made a difference. Now I'm down to only worrying about doing a daily maintenance log-in on one character at this point. It's hard to care anymore after watching all that work lost and knowing that the rest of it's slowly gonna dribble away too. I gave up trying to work on town loyalty after trying it for a week or so on Origin. Just couldn't get into it. Pretty much wondering why I'm even logging in at all on any shard these days.

Okay, Kylie....come rip this post to shreds now too. I'm timing you.

<---- Notice the Stratics shield is gone though. So don't try too hard. Wouldn't want you to strain your brain or something.

7. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Another fun tidbit of this code is that if the moons align, your free resurrections per week through sacrifice never reset.
    So you have to let it decay one per week so you get the 3 free rezzes if you're knight of sacrifice.

8. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I noticed it after several days of no posts. you seemed quite upset.
    Shield or no, welcome back

9. BluDjinn

BluDjinn Journeyman

Here is another bit of info for you if you are trying to figure out how this city loyalty works.

I just returned from a 4 day trip where I was unable to log into the game.

And after a 4 - 4 1/2 day absence, the moons aligned and I am still adored on my two Siege characters.

Maybe the famous UO RNG has something to do with it .
    ( LOL as good an explanation as any I've seen )

10. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

When the servers come back up, everyone bring a 1 mil check to my library or it may happen again...protection money, ya know ;)

11. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Agree 100%. Decay should be turn off completely. All it does is piss players off.

Ultima Online should be a college course for "how not to run a company" and "how not to piss off your customers". This is what happens when you do....*Points to Ultima Online*.

12. Shelra

Shelra Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

On one of my characters the moons never align to preserve it, on another character they always preserve it. It's a glitch.
    I've been debating on whether I want to continue with the banner quest since this all started. I haven't actually given up totally... yet.

13. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I feel for you. I've done my same characters I don't know how many times.... 6 or 7 times now per character (7 characters). It's not fun afterawhile. Neither is logging in your characters everyday.

Yeah I know no one is forcing me to do anything related to Ultima Online and no one is forcing me to pay for my subscription either.

14. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

And exactly what message is being sent to p(l)ayers when they see the message about the moons failing to align and therefore virtues and loyalty have decayed when they log in characters that have never, ever worked on the virtues or city loyalty? I see that message every day on newer crafter characters that I have who have barely set foot outside Haven, have never worked on the virtues, let alone town loyalty, and it really makes me question the quality of any recent programming done for UO. I have to wonder exactly what impression that message makes on people who may have just started an account to play UO (or return to UO) and have yet to even learn about town loyalty or the virtues.

Sevin0oo0 and Madrid like this.
  15. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Since I'm a regular here, I know about the Cove log-in message feature as well, since I actually stepped foot inside it, if I didn't already know, I'd be going "WTF is this crap?"
    I feel like I'm being stalked.