1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Login issues?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Promathia, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

Anyone else notice that if you 1. mistype your password and then 2. Type it in correctly the game will crash every time once you actually get into the game?

So very annoying

2. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

or sometimes when you log out and swap account names login, it will eventually crash once ingame.

3. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Yes, it is happening to everyone I play with as well as myself. Has been since the login servers moved to the cloud.

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

No but then I don't mistype my password either..

What I HAVE noticed is that ever since we moved to "The Cloud"..... I tend to hit constant speed bumps or something because I will go running along pretty good then...... WHAM!!!!!!!!! Like I hit a brick wall then everything around me moves to catch up and then next thing I know I'm back 10 spaces or so and then it's ok and then WHAMMOOO!!!!!!!!! Again with the wall the backslide and then seems to catch up... It's very weird don't like it. Either that or I get stuck doing the 2 step.... which is really more like a 5 or 10 step then stop... 5 to 10 steps... pause.... over and over no more smooth glide to running or walking.

5. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

too bad they took away the "remember password" box they had when UO first came out.

6. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Moving to "the cloud" must be why when almost every time I start up the CC, the screen isn't maximized on the first login, and I have to re-center the playing area.

7. The Zog historian

Stratics Veteran

Farimir, removing the ability to save passwords was a deliberate safety feature when backdoor Trojans started getting more common. I don't know how many players did get hacked, such malware didn't need to sniff passwords, just open up a PC's file system.

8. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I just got the same. I mistyped my account name and failed the login. When i tried again my UOA said that the datastream has changed. Then the classic client crashed.

9. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I mix up my passwords almost daily and have to put the right one in again after it's rejected. However, I've never had any problems with having the client crash right after I log in. I'm using the Classic Client completely on it's own, no UO Assist.

10. Apetul

Apetul Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
    Stratics Veteran

The issue posted by Promathia seems to be caused by uoassist.

Btw, for the people talking about "the cloud" as if its something bad.. just google about it and *try* to understand what the cloud is and how it works. Ignorance isnt an excuse to blame something you dont know.

CovenantX likes this.
  11. The Zog historian

Stratics Veteran

There are some of us who've worked with "the cloud" before it ever entered the mainstream vocabulary. So kindly do not tell us what we know and what we don't know, thank you very much.

Nobody ever said "the cloud" in and of itself was a bad thing, only that in UO's case, it's coincided with lag and login problems.

12. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Well I've never had such sporadic lag spikes on such a constant basis as I have since UO has been moved to "the cloud" ....... and if I say it as if it's something bad it's because I'm tired of playing catch-up with myself all the time. I try to tame a creature and I'm forever hitting massive spikes... not bad when your just taming Unicorns but when you've ticked off a Greater Dragon or a CuSidhe it can get you killed if you can't stay one step ahead of the beasts.

All I know is that since we've gone to "The Cloud" .... I'm hitting spikes constantly. I can't keep a free stream of movement like I used to.... it's stop and go all the time and I find it frustrating and annoying.

13. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I agree the issue seems to be UOAssist related. I find that if I log in with the wrong account and want to go back I get an error when I login with the proper account. When I do log in with that second account I get a data stream change error and an account mismatch error. Then upon login the CC crashes. I just restart the game and login with the right account and it works fine.

14. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

I am in the same boat as Tina. I do not use UO Assist, I do not experience the crash with the classic client.

Stayin Alive,

BG

15. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot

Yu should try logging in on a red character once. I have heard from some other friends and guild mates that they have only experienced that issue when trying to log in on a blue.

16. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

I tell Boadi that all the time

17. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot

Make sense bro :)

Boadi is red.

Promathia on the other hand is blue with a blue pet and is only seen at Yew gate with a large group of blue guild mates.

That blue enough for you? Pretty sure that is your login issue :(