1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

login server down?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DevilsOwn, May 2, 2010.

1. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

"problem communicating with Origin"

anyone else?

2. Stewpid

Stewpid Guest

Around 11 am EST most every day the login servers are taken down for maintenance. Although this has never officially been posted by anyone at EA/Mythic, it's the only plausible reason the servers ALWAYS go down at this same time.

3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Looks that way for now.

Edit: Of course as soon as I post, I'm back in.

4. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Agreed :) Whenever I see these posts at this time I know exactly the problem. rolleyes:

5. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I've wondered for quite a while if the server(s) that control the log-in process also maintain the guild, faction, and character information that is accessible via the official UO website. If so, maybe the server needs to be made unavailable for a brief period each day so that information can be compiled and updated before beginning the next round of server maintenance periods, beginning about two hours later with Oceania's.