1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

@ Logrus... HOWS it work?? [ BERSERK Property on Bestial Suit]

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Vexxed, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Can we get a quick rundown on how this functions...

Anyone that has done some testing feel free to post up your info as well. Here's what I found out in a few minutes of testing

1) The "Rage" effect kicks in a second or so after you hit 50% of your Max hp's.

2) Your character will Turn Orange when this happens.

3) Maintaining the Berserk effect requires you to continue to take Dmg.

4) Your Berserk "Level" will increase/decrease the amount of dmg you ignore as well as the amount of healing that is blocked by being berserked.

5) It requires ~roughly 10 seconds of not taking dmg for your berserk effect to stop. (I think this can happen at less than 50% life though I didn't check that... bc I was in hp regen DOG form etc.)

6) There's 4 pcs for Elves / Humans (Bear Mask / Studded Gorget / Leather Gloves / Leather Legs)

7) The Bestial pc's can have 5 ADDITIONAL Mods imbued on it & each pc has a base imbuing intensity of 0, so bc it's not exceptional you can add a total of 450 imbuing intensity to it.

8) The more pc's you have equipped the higher amount of dmg it will block. I know with a Tbox & hardly any armor it was blocking up to 28 points of dmg when berserked at a high level of RAGE.... That's with 4 pc's equipped for a total of "Berserk 5". With only 1 pc equipped I was blocking up to 8 points of dmg at a high level of Berserk....

9) It's possible that Throwing weapons don't get blocked by Berserk etc..

10) Being under a RAGE / Berserk effect blocks healing on your character by a similar amount as the dmg that is blocked... but REGENS seem to work fine .
    Anyway.. those were just my quick observations... Feel free to correct / Add to etc.

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was wondering does this also stop the berserker from being healed by others? spells bandaids etc

3. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yes it does Strom... When Berserked your "RAGE" blocks a certain amount of Healing. I know that when I tested I set Spirit speak to 120 which is about 40 points of healing if I remember right & when used The Rage blocked 25 points.

4. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

5. Shiznit Bo'Bourbon

Another Logrus item nobody will wear. It'll look nice gathering dust next to some epiphany armor.

Spock's Beard likes this.
  6. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

nobody?
    try to fit all 70 res in dog form with this set then you are immortal :D

7. Apetul

Apetul Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
    Stratics Veteran

Then what? bark everyone at yew gate?

Lorddog likes this.
  8. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

you can do whathever you want :D

9. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

10. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

cant do specials in dog form, or cast spells. its rather useless unless your just sitting afk attacking a high hp mob using a slayer for decent base hits.

11. Mr. Smither1

Mr. Smither1 Seasoned Veteran

I thought when it got nerfed a while back they included a cool down.

12. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The thing that suck about this suit is when your bersek ends there is still a few seconds where all healing is still blocked (about 5 seconds)

13. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I always thought when the crap came out that it was junk from day one. NO one in their right mind was going to wear that thing. Like Dragon Scale armor, and many other things it's a nice thing to stick on a mannikin but outside that it's garbage.

14. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed

Still looking for some links that work!

15. Deraj

Deraj Sage

I looked into the Bestial suit too a few months ago and ended up extremely disappointed. The suit and the berserk property looked promising, however I discovered that it was overwhelmingly nerfed in publish 75. See the notes here. I'll post the relevant bit:

Emphasis added. "All healing effects" includes HP Regen, as well as healing received from bandage cross-healing. Just to make things worse, healing remains reduced for 8 seconds. I spent a good bit of time testing out this suit, and I never once got to maximum rage before I ran out of health. The suit was nerfed, as I understand it, as a response to some complaints about it being overpowered. However the changes made the suit completely useless. I can understand the 60 second delay. I can almost understand HP regen being reduced (although I disagree). However that 8 additional seconds, combined with the fact that you can't really control the berserk property (activates automatically at <50% hp), is just plain wrong. The fact that, as far as I have tested, it's not possible to reach maximum rage is a clear demonstration that the suit is broken.

Edit: I forgot to mention, because of the armor revamp later down the road, there are even more downsides to wearing the suit, considering that two of the set pieces are leather, and one cloth, so you get no stam reduction or inherent LMC. The suit needs a revamp.

#15 Deraj, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    Quickblade likes this.
  16. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

17. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed

18. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed

Boy it was a terrible nerf - now completely worthless.

19. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

My opinion, in its original form a small group of players found a use for the suit... stealthers. That was it. Everyone who wasn't a stealther complained. They nerfed the suit into oblivion... Now no one uses it.

20. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed

Now it should be called "a death trap suit" since you can not heal and there is no repelling spells. so I turn a nice orange and die to any spell caster. heheh What a waste. Don't the developers ever play the game?

21. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

They often seem oblivious to the pattern of adding content then nerfing it out of any use.

22. Deraj

Deraj Sage

I hadn't even realized it didn't reduce spell damage. Never tested it. If that is the case it lowers my opinion of the suit even further (didn't think that was possible).

Some of the nerfs need to be rolled back. Specifically, the 8 second post-rage healing debuff, HP Regen should be exempted from the healing debuff, and rage should protect against spell damage as well. The 60 second delay between rages should remain, however.

Quickblade likes this.
  23. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Curious does it allow healing through leeching?

24. Deraj

Deraj Sage

Yes, but that is also reduced. Once you get to the higher rage levels, all healing becomes practically negligible.

25. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

This ^^

26. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Sorry Vexxed, the berserker suit is after my tenure so i dont know how it works beyond what the community knows.
    Rage focusing on weapons increases damage dealt based on how much you receive from a target you have agressed, multiplying th max by how many targets you are actively an agressor to up to 15% * 6 targets for a 90% total. I dont know if the Berzerker suit is a similar implementation or something completely different. Sirry.

27. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Epiphany armor also not my design but i like the idea, just not much of an armor set fan.
    I find my items quite useful fr the spread of characters I play. They are functonal and useful and relatively procurable but dont require a game rebalance or force you to build a suit around them.
    But one can always encourage the route of glass swords and see how that improves things.

kelmo likes this.
  28. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Anh Mi Sah Ko........

I do appreciate the response but someone dragged this up from the depths of time! 2011 lol.