1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Treasure Hunting] Long time T-Hunter coming back

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Cyric_SP, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Cyric_SP

Cyric_SP Guest

Came back to UO about a week ago and decided to dust off my thunter and see what's new. I've been reading the maps are random now. However, I still have a ton of lvl 3-5 maps that were decoded but never dug up prior to my leaving UO back in 2007.

So my question would be, since my maps were decoded prior to any of the SA changes, will they still follow the old system and therefore be able to recalled to using my old library or did SA change all the maps even ones that were previously decoded?

Also, my template was/is:
    LP - 100
    Cart - 100
    Magery - 110
    Music - 115
    Provo - 115
    Hiding - 100
    Peace - 80 (used for area peace when needed/jeweled up to 100)

Will this template still work for doing level 5s and under or did they make the guardians harder? With this template I could easily solo level 5s, back in the day.

I feel like such a newb again. Prices have inflated, 20 mil gold seems like pocket change instead of something to strive for. Lots of changes and just hoping I can catch up and not get frustrated doing it. :(

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Most of the changes to the 5th and under guardians is that there's now up to 8 of them and that they all have to die to loot the chest. For Trammel & Fel, most of the guardian types are the same, but they've added a few new ones to those facets, and the list of guardians for the other facets is based on their inhabitants. chests are also a little easier to pick, and theres' also the special Skeleton key loot items to make it even easier (with the tradeoff that failing with a SK makes you lose a chest item at random).

3. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Since now Guardians bounce back to where the chest is, it is no longer possible to lure them away as before. They must all be killed as Basara said, before the chest can be looted.

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Try reading this, I think it will help
    UO Stratics *New* | Treasure Map Quests
    You may find your read treasure maps have re-set and become tattered again.

Maps reset after 30 days - which can be very handy if you find the original reading gives a location that's under a house or in a very heavy spawn area you'd rather not try to work in.

While it's true that you can't lure the guardians far from the chest, you can lure them far enough to spread them out a bit and fight them one at a time.

5. Cyric_SP

Cyric_SP Guest

Thx for all the replies and the link, helped alot before I set off to try my first map.

The maps that were decoded prior to SA back in '07 are still decoded. They were never reset to "tattered". I'm guessing that was due to my account being shut down before SA was ever released and I still haven't upgraded to SA yet. I'll give them a shot with my old library and see how it goes.

All the maps that are decoded have a rough breakdown:

Lvl 3 - 50
    Lvl 4 - 60-75
    Lvl 5 - 40

That's not including all the ones that are still tattered which I found on another char in their bank.

I was also lucky enough to find an 18x18 house spot on LS in tram just west of Brit swamp right by the ruins that are there. So I got myself a nice little set up since I came back. Now to relearn all this thunter stuff. I hate feeling like a newb in a game I played for 10 years (1997-2007). UGH .....

One question about the templates listed on the that link. If you click the link and go the templates page, why are all the skills only at 100 and not higher when the guide was done in June 2010. PS have been around alot longer then that and for bard to handle the higher end spawn, you need barding skills over 100. Just curious .....

6. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Personally, for a bard t-hunter I would drop hiding and peace and go for 120 music, provoke, and disco. You can precast your invisible as you dig and target yourself just as the chest comes up. Invisible is a little more reliable once mobs have you targeted as well.
    Tactically you should disco the hardest mob first and provoke the remaining spawn to kill it, working your way down. By the time you get to the final mob and disco it, it should be no match for a couple EVs. With this template you should be able to solo most any map you can dig up.

7. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

I posted this in another thread but will post it here as well since you are talking about invising at the chest.

8. Cyric_SP

Cyric_SP Guest

Interesting. I'll definitely have to try that one.

9. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

of course, this will only work on regular shards - On SP, it will need to be casting a gate during the dig to some place that won't give you an "accept?" gump, and clicking the gate as the spawn erupts.

10. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

Lestat and I are working on a new T-map rune library system by dividing up the land masses into sections and randomly marking runes within the sections, going to start testing it soon.

11. Gowron

Gowron Guest

What happened to the map database on stratics? It was very helpful in using existing libraries in the cases of tram and fel.

12. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

13. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

Yup its still there were just making something new for the entire player base to use cuz were bored LoL