1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Long Title for Books?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DJ_Sandman, Sep 24, 2015.

1. DJ_Sandman

DJ_Sandman Adventurer

I used to years ago make the title on books real long. I haven't done it in years and can't remember the trick. (getting old...lol)

Can anyone help me?

2. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

Playing the Enhanced Client lets you make book titles longer than in the Classic Client, same thing with bulletin boards and pet names. Other than that, not sure how else a book name could be made longer.

3. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

Use the EC. Most of its text inputs are significantly longer.

4. DJ_Sandman

DJ_Sandman Adventurer

Thats right!!!! lol Thanks!!!!

Captn Norrington likes this.
  5. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I wish they would fix it, so books works same way in both clients. You may be able to put more text in books in EC but you can't read it in CC.

6. Lord Arm

Lord Arm Seasoned Veteran

this is minor compared to other things ec can do and cc cant. ec in many ways is so much better. I warned devs about making it unfair, dont need more peeps to leave. ive asked about getting some real love to cc . no comment

7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

The reason they keep trying to make a new workable client has always been the limitations of working on the classic client. Face it the thing is WAY out of date and the code strings for it so long that any "tweaking" they do to it often borks it worse than it improves it. Hence the reason why the EC was born.

8. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

I think people love the CC cause of the way it looks. Why that graphic can't have the EC code under it is beyond me. The new 3D look they wanted failed but the code was much better. I've known of old text games that had graphic painted over them. Worked great. Seems they could do that with the CC.