1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Longtime LONGTIME issue, plz fix!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by A Thought Elemental, Oct 27, 2011.

1. A Thought Elemental

A Thought Elemental Journeyman

2. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Ahuaeyjnkxs stranger diamond

Good idea to remove the combat timer... however that would make combat alacrity scrolls way too powerful...

I'm not even sure its a feature or a bug... :spider:

3. Lost-Soul

Lost-Soul Guest

its only 2 min time out...it would be more of an issue for pvp players switching chars in a fight

4. pgib

pgib Guest

It's a pvp thing if i remember well, to avoid people to attack someone and then log out before "revenge". And it has that horribly annoying side effect in pvm.

5. A Thought Elemental

Right, and I do feel that this function should be able to be repaired so that it works right (which it doesn't now - - there's no PVP in sight, here).

6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Fine if I'm fighting someone in PvP.... NOT fine if I come home and kill a freaking mongbat by instant shot on the steps of my house when I'm trying to quick switch characters...

Fine if I'm fighting someone and their pet killed me and I want to jump back in the fight on my tamer yes I should have to time out...

NOT fine if I'm working with my crafter and suddenly get jumped by 3 reapers and my bug gets killed and I need to go quickly mop things up before my the corpse of my beetle loaded with a days worth of work vanishes... and I can't freaking change characters.

It should apply if I've been in Fel PvPing.... it should NOT apply if I'm in Tram just doing Mobs...

Same with entry into my freaking house... If I'm doing PvP fine... if I'm just out training on a golem or whatever I should be able to return to my house .... without having to time out.

Also.... Why is it I can recall out of Illshnar and the Fandancer Dojo but NOT out of the Mine???? What's the purpose of that?

7. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Think of what you can do with those few minutes you can't log in!

Write a poem, order flowers for your nearly dead mother, learn urdu, fix that wobbly table leg, clean the toilet, meditate. The list is endless.
    It's only a few minutes.

8. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Yup its only a few minutes... I'm not sure if you guys realise why it's there.

I'm used to getting ignored so I'll just act as if I was stupid and said nothing, duh.

9. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I have a longtime issue and one thats newer with SA that needs to be fixed.

It's Called - Archery & Throwing highest hitting weapons in the game,
    The only Ranged weapons in the game, and the only ones with Range/ability to chug While using 2handed weapons.

EP OR Massive dci penalty for Ranged weapons, and BUFF Melee.

sort of like Skill focus for Dexers. caps should be lower/higher based on skills

10. Ahuaeyjnkxs

There was a great idea in the publish thread to give tactics a bonus to lessen the durability loss on a weapon.

And definately... archery and throwing are overpowered lol... its just too obvious since 2001.

BUT ; they fixed the pot of egg nogg !!!

Ahha, what can you say against that !

11. KingHen

KingHen Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Silly
    and you wonder why you are ignored. :lick:

12. A Thought Elemental

godddddddd, is it possible to go any further off topic =p

We (as users ) don't know all the reasons behind why this is occurring, and the devs working on this game today would very likely have to research it. I for one cannot remember at what point in time the game began doing this (or if it's been like this all along). As far as we know, the timeout being tied to both monsters and PVP related combat could have originally been by design. Or it could have originally worked in a way that feels intuitive but then some change later down the line broke it. Or maybe the whole thing is jacked up - - we as users cannot know.

I feel like what exists of this thing today comes off like an annoying buglike thing that it's possible to encounter every single day and can drive you up the wall when it does. It's also easy to reproduce, which makes it prime for fixing (i'd fraps up a video if I thought it would help). Whatever its purpose was when it was put in should probably be re-evaluated anyway, seeing as things have changed so much over time. This function is probably old as hell.

13. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

its working as intended - no change needed.

it closes loop holes in abuse so get over it.

14. Ahuaeyjnkxs

it was humor you fool... you won't need to ignore me anymore much...

have fun... rolleyes: