1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a list of the magery spells that do not need evaluate Intelligence

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Val Van Wolf, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Val Van Wolf

Val Van Wolf Seasoned Veteran

Thats my request and I'm sticking to it. Making a provo/disco mystic mage with high int but no room for Eval, as suggested by Lord God, the player... He seems very knowledgable (is that a word any more)? Thanks for any help. I want to carry a spell book without those spells, see what happens...

2. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I run the same template, its a lot of fun. Definitely go gargoyle since u keep mounted speed with a rising colossus.

Mind blast is the obvious no eval spell but not practical since w/ mysticism u get a stronger/better 100% cold spell (hail storm).
    Stone wall and Energy field (used for monster control & to give yourself some 'wiggle' room) are much more useful spells.
    You can bump up ur magery a little or I carry a +15 mage spellbook switching out fast just to cast the e-field.

On my template I run with 75 magery and a +15mage jewl so I dont fizzle inviso. I've also got +15disco on the same jewl.

My temp is:
    120 disco(+15 ring)
    120 music
    120 provoke
    120 mystic
    120 focus
    75 magery (+15 ring - mainly for inviso spam while trying to provoke/disco)
    60 meditation
    720 skills

TBH the only reason I use magery is for the inviso spam that if u fizzle against some stuff will get u dead fast.
    If your not running eval almost all magery spells will be worthless. I would carry a high SDI spellbook and
    try to fit on as much SDI as possible since there's no cap on SDI in PvE.
    Make sure to get the lvl 3 primer discord quest (discord 5 goats LOL) from the Brit Music Conversatory. You'll also get a Masteries book doing it.

Good luck & welcome to the world of barding !:smile2:

Lug likes this.
  3. Grace of Minoc

Grace of Minoc Journeyman

Do I need Evaluate Intelligence?
    Yes,
    if you plan on casting offensive spells you do. Without evaluate intelligence, your spells will most of the time do less than 10 damage.
    Mind blast and poison will be your only non-summon offensive spells without evaluate intelligence.
    What Spells are affected by Evaluate Intelligence?
    Almost all offensive spells (barring Mind blast and poison), as well as every spell that has anything to do with resisting spells (again, poison not included), meaning, every curse-type (as well as bless-type) spell, paralyze and mana draining spells.

taken from below link:

Evaluate Intelligence - Old Stratics

so looking at my mage book:

create food
    heal
    night sight
    reactive armor
    cure
    magic trap
    magic untrap
    protection
    magic lock
    poison
    telekinesis
    teleport
    unlock
    wall of stone
    arch cure
    arch protection
    fire field
    recall
    blade spirits
    dispel field
    incognito
    magic reflection
    mind blast
    poison field
    summon creature
    dispel
    invisiblity
    mark
    paralyze field (I am unclear on this one)
    reveal
    energy field (am unclear on this one also)
    gate travel
    mass dispel
    polymorph
    earthquake (article did not mention area damage affect, not sure)
    energy vortex
    resurrection
    air, earth, fire, water elemental and summon daemon

I am curious myself so if anyone else can pipe in.

Lug and Acid Rain like this.
  4. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper

Taken from the link @Grace of Minoc provided :
    I would remove summons from that comment b/c they are basically useless w/o the strength modifier eval int provides.
    Outside of summoning a horse to ride, w/o eval int summons can not be used effectively in combat against most mid/upper level monsters.
    As a mystic you will be relying mostly on RCs. I would shorten the list considerably.

Paralyze fields are useless w/o eval int as are unlock, fire field, earthquake and most times poison fields
    (unless your nox fielding a bunch of mongbats most monsters will resist the poison).

The most effective beneficial spells you could use in PvE w/o eval int may include :

heals
    teleport
    stone wall
    poison
    cure/arch cure
    recall
    INVISIBILITY
    mark
    energy field
    gate
    polymorph (if fighting a Baracoon it keeps you from turning into a rat)
    & Resurrection (other players always appreciate this one & the reason I carry a +15 mage spellbook:) )

These are the spells I keep as set macros on my mystic bard(exception Poly, I keep a gump out for this). Hope it helps.

#4 Acid Rain, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  5. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable

You don't even need magery for disabling polymorph afaik :)

Acid Rain likes this.
  6. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper

Na, u don't. U just gotta cast the spell & drag the gump off the side of ur screen not picking anything. Zero magery needed.

I just was looking for legit reasons to cast any spell w/o eval int & since most new players don't know that one, figured I'd add it ;).

7. Lythos-

Lythos- Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Mind blast and your heal spells. You can do summons but they're so weak compared to a RC. Your healing is based on how high your magery is. Cleansing winds is just too slow for me in some situations.

I ran a disco mystic weaver with magery which did really well pvm. Provoke is ok and all but WOD really comes in handy.