1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Gardening] Looking For A Parent Plant Calculator

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Adol, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Adol

Adol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hey all, I'm trying to find a cross pollination calculator that you input the two parents into, and which tells you what colour/type of seed you will get. The Stratics one asks for the target, but I'd find it easier at this point (just starting to rebuild my seed collection now I have space) to just plug in combinations of parents and see if what comes out is missing. The only one which works like this however here (http://www.uocraft.com/gardening-tools/plant-cross-breeding-tool/) doesn't seem to have a complete list of parents... does anyone know of a better one please?

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

3. Adol

Adol Certifiable

I can yes, but it's a little frustrating when you've got an equal distance between them; am I right in thinking then there's a 50/50 chance of either plant on the sides of the dividing line appearing? And what if the plants are right next to each other? Will it be 50/50 for either parent? The problem I have is that I'm starting with a set of seed seeds, and trying to maximize the new types that come out of each wave of growth and pollination, so plugging what parents I have in would be easier than working backwards...

4. Auranmorte

Auranmorte Guest

5. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

6. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Tower of Roses has a calc on its site. It's still working as of yesterday when I was looking at mixing plants.

7. Adol

Adol Certifiable

Thanks for the replies so far everyon; The UOCraft one is again the sort of thing I'm looking for, but having found it already, alas it only has 9 of the plants within it's list, presumably because it's not including ones that will throw up a 50/50 list for the parents. The ergreen graph is easier to use because it does show that random element, but it's not as automated as Tower Of Roses... however that still lists plants by picking a target child, when I wanted to see if what I can get from the various parent options I may have fertile on a particular day... I guess it's just a case of working with all of them and plugging first type, then colour into the lot and slowly working out what I can have!

8. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot

Nope! I cant use that chart. My brain can read the linear one.

Thanks for the replies, I had lost those bookmarks.

9. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable