1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

looking for assassins armour

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Dodger, May 22, 2009.

1. Dodger

Dodger Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 25, 2008
    Hi, anyone know what monsters the pieces drop on, have been swooping with not much luck, I have read somehwere they drop on any named monsters, so I went to sanctuary and killed a whole load of named ettins to no avail, can anyone confirm that they do drop on the named ettins? or any other creatures?

Or if anyone has part for sale (not the chest) and wish to sell on Europa please let me know. Thanks
  2. grizzle seems to drop them with the highest frequency, although theoretically any named ML monster can drop assassin pieces.
  3. The common pieces (chest & arms) drop from any named ML monster. The rare pieces (legs & gloves) drop from Peerless bosses, Dark Father, some event bosses, and Champ Spawn bosses.
  4. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Yes. This appears to be how it's supposed to work and how it actually does work for most people.

However, some have suggested in other threads that the rare pieces of various suits can also on some occasions drop from the named monsters.

Specifically, at least 2 people claimed they got the ENTIRE Assassin suit from Miasma.

I asked what they sacrificed to the RNG, but they didn't tell me.

-Galen's player
  5. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 26, 2008
    How it's "supposed" to work? Who knows how it's "supposed" to work...

All it takes is one exception to disprove the rule (at least, when you're talking about computers). Either it's more complex then that (eg some ML "named" monsters drop all parts of some suits), or all parts drop from all ML "named" monsters.

Seems easiest to me to just not bother with the lesser creatures, though. They likely have a lower drop rate anyway (they certainly do when it comes to ML minor artifacts).

Note that killing a "whole load" of creatures doesn't mean much unless you're talking at least triple digits. These items are rare.