1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Guild.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Charles, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Charles

Charles Adventurer

I've been playing on Siege for about 2 months now. I've met 2 people. I've seen only a few people here and there.

I'm wondering if there's a guild or a group of people I can play with. Please let me know of any active players looking for another person to play with.

I'm lonely :(

2. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Hail Charles and welcome to Siege.
    You should post a little bit more info about your character and what he/she likes to do ingame.

If you´re into PvM or RP there´s GIL, L*H, TDO, NBT to name a few.
    Sprago runs IPKU, a PvP guild I believe.
    Igg A Pie has a guild named B^A and Holden has a guild named S L but not sure if they are "good" or "evil".

And if you´re into the dark side and like to kill people there´s Tru's FYOU. Or perhaps you could talk to Bo about joining his PK crusade.
    Or if you´re a thief, let us know and I´m sure one of them will make contact in a dark alley some night.

Those are the ones I can think of at the moment.
    Hopefully more people will post info about their guilds.

See you around.
    /Leawyn II

startle and Amber Witch like this.
  3. Charles

Charles Adventurer

Well... I played on catskills at launch in 1997 until about 2002. I dabbled on Siege but never got serious. Now that I'm in my mid 30's, there really isn't any other shard for me other than Siege. I used to pvp mainly.

I'm looking for a guild that mainly does PvM. Don't get me wrong, I do like to PvP. I'm just more into monster bashing now a days.

startle likes this.
  4. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

Well, whatever guild you wind up joining or hanging with, welcome to Siege. By the way, there are no thieves on Siege. *nods*

5. Charles

Charles Adventurer

From what I've seen. There are 4 people on Siege.

6. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Hi Charles, you will be welcome with us in TDO*, we are allied with NBT to get more players for PvM and we are allied with NEW2, to help them with PvM and other kind of support.
    Find me in game or Find Mish o Sha to join you if you want to run with us.

startle, Amber Witch and Tjalle like this.
  7. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

Charles, the people are there on siege, just in different places. Try one of the em events or township events. Use general chat. Both are helpful for meeting people.

startle and Amber Witch like this.
  8. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Welcome to Siege. Unless you have tracking and detect hidden, this will probably remain the same. I've been training a lot of skills lately, so you won't see me much unless you stumble onto my training areas...la

9. VinnySP

VinnySP Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

B^A is mostly a PvM guild, some do the VvV thing like me :gee:. Maybe ask to go on some hunts with different guilds to see where ya fit in best. Gen chat is your friend here, people here are all over the place doing their own things. You would be surprised to see how many folks are on but you'll never see.

SpyderBite, startle and Amber Witch like this.
  10. Barefoot Scribe

Barefoot Scribe Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Welcome Charles! I too lived on Catskills from near startup until Spring of 2008 when I just thought I would "take a peek" at Siege. Back there I was known as BarefootPrincess of several old guilds that came and went: Yggdrasil, House Of Rosemar, GRI, and then my own guild Senior Citizens of Britannia.
    As Vinny said, there are folks on and doing things pretty much at all times in the day because we are both European and North American on here and all ages too. Gen chat is the way to go as he said. Even though you are a UO vet, you may wish to spend a month in NEW2 (I did) to get to know all of the options for your life here. All guilds here are welcoming to newcomers, and at EM events, and player organized shard events we play together with our regular enemies and have fun.

SpyderBite, startle and Amber Witch like this.
  11. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

See there, Charles - so far there's at least 8 of us (counting me) on Siege.... ;)
    Seriously though, Rico is right about not seeing many people around because of the nature of Siege (freely attackable outside of guard zones) which makes it always exciting but also puts Stealth and Hiding in many if not most templates.
    What's your char's name? If I see him/her I'll be sure to "pop out" and say hi! :cool:

12. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

There are several folks here. We just do not like providing entertainment for the PKs. Siege is a different beast these days. The "sheep" have learned to not only survive but thrive.

Amber Witch and startle like this.
  13. Charles

Charles Adventurer

My characters name is Charles. Duh. Maybe I'm old school. .I'd like to talk to the person I was about to kill at least for a moment..
    I just don't see myself attacking anyone on sight.
    That being said.. I did see Igg A Pie running around last night and talked to him for a moment..

I guess I'll talk to Freja about joining TDO. Or at least talk to a few people over there.

FrejaSP likes this.
  14. RueTor

RueTor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Sheep.JPG

15. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

I don't get this. What was so terrible about the "old" Siege? You fought in just as many raids on various player run towns as the rest of us. And I recall you had just as much fun.

What changed? Lack of drama.. Aye.. That is a pleasant change. But why are the remaining Siege vets content with a pacified Siege with no action?

I see all the push back on changes that would revitalize PvP and I'm floored. What is the point of no insurance and tons of blessed items if there is no risk? This is not the Siege I left years ago. I'm actually trying to find the differences between Siege and the prodo servers since I've been back.

Kat likes this.
  16. Charles

Charles Adventurer

The title is "Looking for Guild" let's stay on topic. :)

Troop_Gil, startle and kelmo like this.
  17. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Siege is what it is Spyder. Welcome back.

18. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

19. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

No there are just not enough sheep.

20. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

I see. Fair enough.

My apologies Charles for the derail.

On topic. It won't matter what guild you choose. Your experience will be no different than it was from the prodo servers with the exception of dark wisps. Its a shame.

21. startle

That made me curious. Could you explain what you mean or what you would change?

22. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

sounds like he is saying your experience on siege would be no different than an experience on a trammy shard. Hence siege has become a tranny shard.

23. Duncan McDermott

Duncan McDermott Seasoned Veteran

Played as Roddie Coghill when I was on Seige. Had a castle I think with a player named Razz and we were both members of Gilfane. Don't know if Razz is still playing or not? Thinking of returning to Seige not sure yet. Not wanting to live out of the inn how is the placing situation?

24. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

You can place 1 Siege or Mugen house and not lose your prodo home. You pretty much place a house anywhere on Siege! Keeps can be placed if you look around and IDOC. Castles are harder to come by, but its not out of the question. You'll most likely have to shell out quite a bit of gold for it, though.

Come on back!

25. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I think Bo pretty much summed up what Spydie meant, but as for what would he would change? My guess is that he would like for Siege to be PERILOUS again like it used to be! Bands of murderous vampires, groups of crap-talking pvp fanboi's with over-inflated ego's ready to rumble at any time, danger around just about every corner, faction fighting breaking out in the middle of town in the blink of an eye, dungeon raids and pks springing up out of nowhere, anti-pks defending the innocents again, player run town events with some raucous activity!

The activity, excitement and fun that drew us to Siege and made it so much fun is gone. I can't pvp to save my life and rarely engage in it, but even I miss it. I miss the danger that lurked around every corner. Some of the best fun I have ever had on Siege took place at Iantown during player-run events that turned into a pvp/pk slaughterfest! And I was on the receiving end of the slaughter... Occasionally I would kill a bad guy, but most of my time was spent checking all 14 of my corpses trying to find some remnants of my pitiful loot. Best fun ever! :stretcher:

Bo Bo and Victim of Siege like this.
  26. Duncan McDermott

Duncan McDermott Seasoned Veteran

Is Gilfane still active?

27. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yes Gilfane is active. Yes Gilfane is offering membership.

28. Charles

Charles Adventurer

They didn't post on t his thread entitled "Looking for Guild"

29. Charles

Charles Adventurer

They didn't post on t his thread entitled "Looking for Guild"

30. startle

Um, see post #2.

31. Charles

Charles Adventurer