1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for help completing the friend of the library quest...

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Exhibus, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Exhibus

Exhibus Guest

Hi all. I just got back into UO after being gone for a few years and all of the ppl I knew are long gone. I'm looking for someone kind enough to help my craftsman through the Friend of the Library quest since he wouldn't last 30 seconds in Ilsh. I can compensate you if needed. Thank you.

2. Dixie

Dixie Guest

I'll admit that I had help doing that quest myself back when I was a newbie whippersnapper without a clue. I can try to help you out and recruit a couple of bored friends while I'm at it. Lemme know how you want this to roll.

3. Exhibus

Exhibus Guest

Well, I'm pretty much trying to figure out how to complete my tasks in Ilsh without dying. Other than that, I'm pretty open to ideas. I guess I just need help clearing a path to my destination. My craftsman has absolutely no offensive or defensive abilities. He has enough magery to cast up to 5th-6th circle spells, but no eval so he's only good for healing.

4. I can help u if you want...I don't generally have a problem gathering the speckled poison sacs..I know that area very well. :)

5. Exhibus

Exhibus Guest

Cool. Do I have to be present or is it an item that you can normally loot off of a corpse?

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

poison sacs are lootable, but have a timer. Luckily it's quite a long timer. When I did the quest I fetched the poison sacs using my tamer, dropped them in the house, picked them up with my crafter, marked them as quest items and handed them in.

7. Exhibus

Exhibus Guest

How did you safely travel to the NPC in Ilsh with your crafter? The last time I checked, there are the odd paragon ratmen near the nearest shrine.

8. If I am on a new char I usually run straight to Petrus, accept the quest and recall out.

9. Exhibus

Exhibus Guest

Unfortunately, none of my chars are new chars.

10. Dixie

Dixie Guest

Just ICQ or AIM me if you're still interested in completing this quest.