1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Info. about my old closed accounts...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Val Van Wolf, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Val Van Wolf

Val Van Wolf Seasoned Veteran

Over almost 18 years of playing I have had many accounts on many shards. Some I just kept for the free month or 2 weeks, others for years. I have had 7 at one time since the acct management thing where they all have to be linked. I am down to 2 now, and am considering re-opening one. Is there any way I can find out how old a closed account is, what skills the characters had, and any other details in order to better decide which account to re-open? Thanks for any advice. I have a new computer and just got Windows 10 on it so am still trying to adjust to that...so....be gentle.

2. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I am not sure if they are doing return to Britiannia this year but they have done it ever year for a while now. What that means is every in-active account is active for like 30 days. You can log in and check it out, play. You can't place a house but otherwise you should be able to asses the account, if they do it this year. It hasn't been announced.

3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

on your account management screen there is a drop down arrow and you can select different accounts there and then look down below and it will give a creation date for that account! at least it does on mine

4. Val Van Wolf

Val Van Wolf Seasoned Veteran

Thanks Storm. I've done that but it does not say when I closed it. Wouldn't it be nice if we could open an old account for say, one hour, just to take a look at it for one reason or another. I used to have notebooks full of details about my UO life but got rid of them when I recently moved in real life. And Podolak, I do love return to Britannia, and if one comes soon I will learn about my latest closings, but I no longer have old passwords, and other forgotten ways of doing things. The devs, seem to think our entire life experience is sitting on the top level of our memories, just waiting to be uh...used.

Storm likes this.
  5. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Totally with you on that. Last RTB I found a notebook (you know the paper kind) that had a username/password for an account I hadn't accessed since 1999. I gave it a whirl and it worked! If I hadn't found that book I never would have remembered it.