1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

looking for old garg city

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by mcrowe1082, Apr 5, 2010.

1. mcrowe1082

mcrowe1082 Guest

does anyone know of an old gargoyle city in honor??? i know there is one in compassion but am trying to find out if there is one in honor also.

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Same city, two ways to get there. From honor, head north along the mountain till you find the pass through the mountain, then circle round to the desert entrance south/east and cross the desert to the city.

3. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

And, from Compassion, go South/West along the mountains until you come to the gypsy camp known as Compassion Village. Enter Central Ilshenar through the cave entrance. Then proceed Southwest, walking around the evil castles and evading the monsters. Find the mountain pass, walk through it, then walk North to the desert. City is on the West end.

I forget the Gargoyle language name, but it roughly translates to Home of the True Light.

Nice place. Basically the "lost colony" of the Ter Mur Gargoyles, I guess?

-Galen's player

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

And, still I wonder why people go this, the VERY long way, to the city when the Honor route is much shorter...

5. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I used that route because it seemed less dangerous to me. I don't know why, I couldn't tell you what's waiting along the other route anymore.

Last time I visited the gargoyle city was back around the time of LBR. I would run in there, buy as many stonecrafting, glassblowing and mining books as I could afford, bank them and run back out and sell them at tram banks for a hefty profit. Ah, those were the days....

6. Guido_LS

Guido_LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Now it's as simple as typing in

mint Ilshenar...

removes a lot of sightseeing potential, though.

7. Lady Laurel

Lady Laurel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni LOST

What does this do?

8. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

There is a first year vet reward "Teleport Crystal", don't quote me on the name, but many houses have added these and set them to publicly accessible. What they do is instantly teleport you to a named moongate or town bank (mint). You simply stand within a few tiles of the object and say "Luna mint" this will take you right to the Luna Bank and you use no charges or resources and need no skill to use it. You could say "Moonglow Moongate" to be taken to the Moonglow Moongate and so on. There is a "help" command for the crystals, but I can't think of it off the top of my head.

Now I was unaware of a link to the Old Gargoyle City in Ilshenar. That certainly speeds the trip up!

*UPDATE*
    Here is the link to the Stratics info about the "Crystal Portal": http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=31003. I have quoted the details for convenience, but there is also a picture of what they look like if you follow the link.

9. Lady Laurel

Lady Laurel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni LOST

Thank you for the information on this, I might have to actually use one my reward choices to get one of these.

10. Guido_LS

Guido_LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

The Crystal Porter is arguably one of the two best, functionality wise, vet rewards put in the game, the other being the commodity deed boxes. You can also use it to hit any Ilshenar moongate directly as well - not game breaking/changing, but it does save some clicking and time.