1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for shard advice

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Rhiannon, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Hello and well met old and new friends! I am Rhiannon who ventured the lands of Britannia from the beginning. I left for a very long time - long enough in fact for all of my items and home to pass away. I thought I would check in with my homeland to see what's going on.

I will tell you what am interested in doing, and ask that you tell me where I should be doing it.

My goal is to be a peaceful citizen. I enjoy gardening, alchemy, furniture making, tinkering, and selling my wares in various market places. I do not like fighting for my life against monsters or people.

My question is where should I be starting out my journey - which shard? I had heard that many shards are dying and there are few if any people left to inhabit them. Obviously you can't tell wares to no one. At the same time, it would be nice to build myself a little home somewhere close to a thriving town.

I spent the better part of 10 years living and working on Atlantic. It has always been pretty much the most populated shard. This is great except there used to be no affordable housing available.

So what are your thoughts?
    Sincerely,
    Rhiannon, former GM Mage of Atlantic

2. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Atlantic is still a good place to start. Housing spots are available...

3. Lady_Rachel

Lady_Rachel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Come back home Rhiannon!

You have been missed!
    And what he said..there are still spots.
    We'll squeeze you in!

4. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Hail and well met Lady Rachel! It has been a long time. It warms my heart to see that many of my dear friends are still here and doing well. It's too bad I didn't think ahead enough to give away my fortune to friends before I left. Hind sight, you know.

I sent a short missive to Andrasta and it was nice to hear from her as well. Perhaps I will venture to Atlantic for a bit. Whose knows. I might be enticed to stay for a while. :)

5. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

LA is quiet, friendly folks inhabit the lands. Should ATL be too hectic for you another denizen is always welcome on LA.

6. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Does this mean the "Plant Magic" is back? With the new dyes from plants, there is a good demand right now.

Atlantic is the place to be - you have many old friends there!

7. Come home, Rhiannon, I wondered why I haven't seen your name around. There's a plot next to mine, a ten by something I believe. It's had but 2 houses there in all my years at my current location. It's tricky getting a plot to work, but it can be done. I've done so.

I too just started regrowing as well, just for orange seeds, but.....you can whip up some sweet dyes too!!

Let me know if your intrested. Anybody, for that matter...........

Bull

8. Pacific is in the top 4 busiest shards, and there is plenty of housing available without having to pay anyone for a spot. Plus I'm there. What more could you want? :)

9. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*coughs* ... Ah never mind. *winks*

10. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Siege is good too...I like siege. Tough to play an RP crafter there tho...

11. retrorider

retrorider Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hail Rhiannon!

Welcome back to UO.

If you decide to find a home on Atlantic, shoot me a pm and I will help you find housing. I have given some good spots to guildmates but still have a few and see new ones once in a while. I'd be happy to help.

12. :lick:

13. John Connelly

John Connelly Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I agree with Kelmo. Make a post in the *coughs* forum and I am sure you will find a guild or alliance that suits your play style.

14. I believe Kelmo was responding to me and my statement that the OP should choose Pacific because that's my shard....:gee:

15. Stewpid

Stewpid Guest

Checking the shard forums is always good. Some shards don't get posted to for days.