1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for some suggestions..

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Gerekeh, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Gerekeh

Gerekeh Guest

I just recently came back to the game after a long time away (pre-AOS)

I did some changes to my mage, and right now I'm sitting at..

110 Magery
    110 Eval
    110 Med
    100 Necro
    100 Spirit Speak
    and
    88 resist

With protection being a big part of preventing spell interrupts, I dropped wrestling. However I'm wondering if i should bring it back up or pick up something else... I don't plan on doing a whole lot of PvP..

So, should I pick my wrassle back up, skill up inscription, or maybe throw in poisoning? Having a hard time picking.

2. I think I could safely say todays trend is to use a mage weapon, but of course this is dependent on the template at hand and figuring up any pros and cons of having a weapon skill. But you must have either or. A wep skill or a Mage weapon because this is calculated as part of your DCI in combat. Protection saves you from interrupts but not from hits, plus is slows your casting down to 0fc.

3. Gerekeh

Gerekeh Guest

Yeah, I decided to go with a mage weapon and raise up incription.. Got my hands on some Swords of Prosperity and I'm liking them quite a bit.

4. imported_GFY

imported_GFY Guest

You could use wrestling as your defense skill as well. It would be tight on that template however.

Since you don't pvp you can do very well with a mage weapon. The only disadvantage to a mage weapon in PVP is being disarmed and being left defenseless. If you get in a situation like this however you could blood oath to make your opponent take damage also.

With the new drop rate in DOOM maybe you could try for a Staff of the Magi?

You template looks great. You could run up your skills to 120 as soon as you can, and put any left over kill points into focus for a bit more mana regen.

5. nickdafunk

nickdafunk Guest

Forget Staff of the Magi, go pick up a Staff of Pyros for < 100k. Its cheap as chips and does everything the SoM does but with the added bonus of being an undead slayer.