1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for template suggestions

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by DreadLord Lestat, Mar 3, 2013.

1. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

I want to make a new character and I want to use either macing, lumberjacking, or a thrower. I have looked up a lot of template ideas and not sure what I want to do so I am looking for suggestions. I would like to do any of those 3 skills. What templates might you suggest and why? How would you play it? The answers will help me and maybe stimulate different template ideas and discussions for others to reference.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I have a toon which is kind of half warrior and half resource gatherer with the new addition of fishing which I'm slowly working on.

100 mining
    100 lumberjack
    120 fishing (103 at the moment)
    100 archer or swords I tend to swap between
    100 tactics
    100 anatomy
    100 healing

Marquis de Sade 209 and kRUXCg7 like this.
  3. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I guess the first questions to ask are what do you want to use the character for and what other chars do you have?

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  4. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

I have tamers, mages, archers, crafters, bards and one melee character which is a Sampire. I am thinking back to my beginning time in UO and revisiting a couple of my favorite characters or trying something new. On Cats (still have them there) I have a macer and a lj/swords. They are both still pre-powerscrolls sitting at 700 skill points. I do not play there anymore so I am thinking of re-making one of them on Chessy. A lot of changes since then and looking to do something different. I have also been thinking about making a thrower as something that I have not tried before. I think they would all be fun so looking for templates that others have that may be fun and interesting, maybe different than the norm which I have been looking at lately.

5. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Then I think you have many options open to you. The most notable would be a wraith or vamp thrower. Something like this:

120 Throwing
    115 Bushido
    100 Tactics
    100 Anatomy
    100 Healing
    85 Chivalry
    60 Spirit Speak
    40 Necromancy

Or you could try a 4/6 macer paladin with 120 Chivalry. That would be my second choice.