1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for updated 2008 pet control calculator.

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Xel Naga, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Xel Naga

Xel Naga Guest

I attempted building a template around the old system and it miserably failed. According to the chart I would have had a 99% control chance on a cu with 112.8 taming and 80 lore. However, reality set it and I had about a 0% chance.

Any new calculator's out ?

I was attempting to make a template of
    120 medi
    120 eval
    100 mage
    100 focus
    80 vet
    75 lore
    110 taming

with using the taming talisman and crystalline ring in my gear to max mana regen. Sadly I worked the idea out before I tried the taming control rate and simply trusted stratics and the control calculator here.

What's the lowest lore I would need in order to have 99% control over a Cu, greater dragon, and dread mare with taming at 115?

2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I believe the sticky above, "Taming Control Chance Calculator" has the current calculations, but doesn't include the dread mare or greater dragon.

The formula, as far as I know, is:
    70 + ((6 * (your taming- taming difficulty)) + (14 * (Your lore - taming difficulty)) / 2) = control chance (max of 99)

With this formula, you need 100 lore for 99% control of a cu sidhe and 105 lore for 99% control of a dread war horse. Both calculations assume 115 taming.

3. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yep, AFAIK that calculator is working to the most recent formula.

For any pets that aren't on the list, just type in their difficulty level manually and then put your details in normally as before.

Wenchy

4. kitiara-atlantic

kitiara-atlantic Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There's one tiny error in that formula above - the parentheses are out of order. The /2 calculation needs to be done on the COMBINATION of the taming calculation and the lore calculation. (Its purpose is to average the two).

It should be, 70 + the average of the modified taming and modified lore calculations.

like -

70 + ((( 6 * (your taming - taming difficulty)) + (14 * (your lore - taming difficulty))) /2) = control chance

The parentheses affect the order of operations, and if you only do the /2 on the second skill calculation, the first part doesn't get averaged in properly.

I'm attaching a graphic to illustrate the groupings of operations with the parentheses.

Also note that the 6 and 14 are not fixed numbers. They are modifiers that change based on whether your taming or lore is higher or less than the pet's difficulty rating. The taming modifier will be 6 if your taming is greater than the pet difficulty, or 28 if your taming is less than the pet's difficulty. The lore modifier will be 6 if your lore is greater than the pet difficulty, and 14 if your lore is less than the pet difficulty. The link below explains it all.

Here's the step by step calculation from Jeremy's post last year:
    http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=195

(The only reason I know this is because I'm working on a pet control chance calculator for UOCraft.com!) :p

Attached Files:

5. kitiara-atlantic

kitiara-atlantic Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend