1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

looking to buy parasitic plants

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Touzoko, May 15, 2009.

1. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

yes, spring is in the air, and the parasitic plants are once again in bloom. Any lumberjacks that have some can sell them to me! I just love the fragrance.

2. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I am sure I have a bunch. I will put on my vender for you. how much they go for?

lorddog

3. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

I do not think there has ever been any posting on the worth or value of parasitic plants per say or even the potions which we make from them. I do see the done potions oft sell for more that dp does.

One way to possibly price them is to divide the amt. of plants needed to make even one potion, couple that with the going prices of the potion. Course those making the potion want a profit for making the potion so the plants can not be too high of course since they are merely the raw product.

But say for example someone nets 200gp a bottle for the potion *as example*
    takes only 5 to make one bottle, 500 to make a keg, 500 x 12 is 6000, while 200 x 100 is like what 20k for a *kegsworth* of parasitic poisons ? So they are still netting a nice profit for the final product yet not blowing too much for..the raw product.

Basically the raw products should not be too much more than the priciest regs although parsitic plants are much harder to lumberjack up in tons, compared to fungus. :)

So anything reasonable for the time it takes to GET the parasitics all lumberjacked up should be ok provided it is not above whatever profit those alchemists wishing to make the product can net for their potion. I think it would be *reasonable* for parasitic plants to be 12- 15 gp per/max maybe at 20 gp per parasitic plant...if /when they are yet still netting more for the potion, than dp which many charge at 17.5k a keg or so with parasitic poison oft sold for MORE than dp simply cuz harvesting parasitic is a LOT of work lumberjacking to get any goodly amt of those compared to how much more often we get the fungus.

4. Mr.StinkyPants

Mr.StinkyPants Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Where is ur vendor lorddog??

5. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

My head hurts after reading this.......

6. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I sent you an icq.

7. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

*hands Touzoko a tylenol* ;)

8. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

ah no! was joking, and truly appreciate your breakdown of items. Sadly, I do not believe I will be able to purchase them so cheaply.

9. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Aye true.

I harvest them all the time with my Miranda, but I also have a GM alchemist here, whom uses them all up, for the potions I sell.

But parasitic plants are too few and far between, to even get them often enough enmasse, in decent quantities in the first place, hense their oft high prices.

Too many hours lumberjacking to even net 100 of them, as opposed to fungus which we get oft in overkill.

Too much random bs in UO nowadays !