1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to join a PK/PVP Guild

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Endal, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Endal

Endal Journeyman

Hey there, I'm still somewhat new to Siege (I'm likely to make a new character) and I was wondering if there are any guilds out there who are interested in taking in a new player with the focus of building a PvP team. My planned build is thus:
    100Magery (+20 with Jewelry)​
    100Resisting Spells (+20 with Jewelry)​
    120Evaluating Intelligence​
    120Meditation​
    100Alchemy​
    100Poisoning​
    80Spellweaving​
    My plan is to be a Nox Mage and do my best to deal as much damage as I can to many people. The Spellweaving is for survivability and for distractions (pixies/imps) so I can keep moving. I'm starting out totally raw right now, so my plan is to get Magery/Eval/Med up first, Resist after that, then Spellweaving and finishing off with Alchemy/Poisoning. I will likely, however, choose Alchemy and Poisoning as my primary 50/50 skills to make their gains a good bit easier to work with.

If anyone's interested I normally play on Napa Valley and will be logging in from time to time on SP. I can be reached on ICQ: 645280391 most of the time (though I work during the day).

2. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Do you wanna join a "good guy" or "bad guy" guild?
    Are you an honorable player?

3. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Do you enjoy factions or do you prefer non factions? Most guilds here, even the faction ones, do a bit of pvm be it spawning or just farming to have backup suits.

ARR is a pirate guild that has a variety of members but is non factioned and neutral aligned. We have reds and do pvp but it is not the primary focus. That being said we often do put ourselves in situations where pvp may find us and there are some of us who hunt other players to pk. We are a laid back mature group with the average member age probably being 35. We also use ventrillo.

Couple temp variations to thrw your way as well...

mage weap temp for your current

120 mage
    100 resist
    120 eval
    100 med
    100 alchemy
    100 poison
    80 spellweave

mage weap temp alternate

120 mage
    100 resist
    120 eval
    100 med
    100 scribe (for damage bons)
    100 poison
    80 spellwevae

Parry Mage - this build gives you good damage with the scribe bonus and goo defense against th rut of dex sorts. It's not the best oen v one temp but a damn good team template

120 mage
    120 resists
    120 eval
    100 anat
    100 scribe
    100 parry
    60 med

You can use jewels to boost med and dex;you also will want full lmc, mr 6, mana inc on your armour. I would also make this char an elf for the extra 20 mana because you will have 80 dex for parry to be it's most effective.

#3 Tiberius, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  4. Feanaro

Feanaro Journeyman

FSP! is an SL faction. We are mostly PVP/Spawning guild but do some pvm. Most of our members our red, and play often. If you want to join us ask for feanaro in gen chat or elite ninja and we can work on getting you scrolled up with 20's.

5. Endal

Endal Journeyman

I have a wait timer on my character still (I was going to make a treasure hunter before I realized that I hate treasure hunting, heh.) So I will need a couple of days until I can delete him and remake. I have a couple LRC suits on me and almost enough gold for a house, I'm sure that training SW and Magery should raise me up to enough to buy whatever I want though.

I think I only have until Friday Night until I can delete him (unless someone wants to throw a couple of stones at him so I can just wipe the abilities), and then I can get to it. Weekends are always better times to start characters though imho.

Tjalle
    In general, I usually play a good guy when I'm PvE, but PvP I can't help but be a bad guy who's almost Neutral Evil or Chaotic Evil. If I'm with a team, I'm not going to kill them, but pretty much anything else would go with me (supposing I don't lag to death or something).

Tiberius
    Factions or Non-Factions are fine either way imho, I hear there are some bonuses with them though I have never taken the time to join a faction in the past off of the Test Server. If a group out there wants me and has me join a faction then I'll stand with 'em (until they do that whole Virtue/Vice thing... then I would want to be on a Vice team)

Also, I was toying with the build on Test Server and I may nix the Poison/Alch and switch over to Wrestle/Anat for the defense bonuses that I heard about with those, as well as the Disarm/Paralyzing Blow bonuses. So my build would look like this now...

100Magery (+20 with Jewelry)​
    100Resisting Spells (+20 with Jewelry)​
    120Evaluating Intelligence​
    120Meditation​
    100Wrestling​
    100Anatomy​
    80Spellweaving​

I will be able to train most of this on my own, but the Spellweaving I may need help with for the fighting portion of the quest (I still hate Paragons). I will probably get that last, though. Even though it's a cornerstone of my build it's easier to get when you are already able to fight on your own.

6. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You last build has 100 wasted points in it. Combining wrestlin and anatomy will do nothing for you. The combo is 100 anat + 120 eval =s 120 evade (basically 120 wrestlin without the specials at the cost of 20 points). Bo would go with 120 mage, eval, wrestlin, resist, 80 med, that right there is 560 skill points, the rest is up to you, spread it around how you like. Unless you got myst/focus than just nuke med. Now you can get all fancy and jewel up but why not get set up with the basics first.

7. Endal

Endal Journeyman

I'm getting Mage/Eval/Med up right now, I will do Resist when Magery is done and then I'm going to work on Wrestling (without Anatomy). I'm only bringing Spellweaving up to 75.5 (100% Pixies). I will probably only go to 106% for Magery (100% L7 Spells / 65% L8 Spells[just rezz]) and just work it as best I can so that I can have the most points available to me. The less I have to rely on imbuing the better, I've got a few 100% LRC suits I've bought, so that's done.

Oh, one quick question: How do I get out of a faction? I joined the wrong one and wanted to switch over to the bad-guys.

8. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Dude, you're on the RoT timer... Build Resist at the same time as Mage...