1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discordance] Looking to start a bard but in need of some info/help

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Thunderz, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Hi iv never had a bard but am thinking about trying one out but am unsure what template is best and how to go about setting it up, so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Whats the best template for bard?
    Would a bard archer work? If so what skills and caps?
    Whats the best to have as real skills and what ones should i use jewelry and other items to raise?
    Whats the best race to be? [was thinking gargoyle for flying if i go with tamer]
    What skills really need maxing and what ones can be left lower and still be affective?
    What pet is best for bard if i go with tamer?

Thanks for any help, looking forward to trying a bard :)

Thunderz

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

The *best* bard template is one that suits your play style. My buddy Lion swears by the bard/mage, my wife loves her bard/tamer, but after trying both, I turned my bard into a bard/archer with 4/6 chiv.

Yes, a bard/archer will work. There are some examples below.

I really dislike using skill jewels, as it limits the other mod intensities that I can choose from. However, if I had to use skill jewels, I would get some imbued taming and/or disco jewels, as these skills are the more time-consuming to raise.

Any race will work, but keep in mind that you'll need a bit of focus on your gargoyle to keep his stamina filled during flight.

Music, disco, provo, peace, and archery really need to be taken to 120. For taming, you can get away with 115/110 taming/lore. If your mage/bard is relying on energy vortexes, go with 115 mage - but if you're a mage/bard/tamer and don't use EVs, 100 mage is enough.

The type of pet you use depends less on your template and more on what you're fighting.

Here are some simple, effective bard templates:

Bard/Tamer
    120 music
    120 peace/disco/provo
    120 taming
    120 lore
    120 vet
    120 mage

If you want to go gargoyle, you'll need a bit of focus to keep your stamina filled while flying, so:

Bard/Tamer (gargoyle)
    120 music
    120 peace/disco/provo
    115 taming
    115 mage
    110 lore
    110 vet
    30 focus

Archer/Chiv/Bard
    120 music
    120 provo
    120 disco
    120 archery
    120 tactics
    75 chiv
    40 med

Archer/Mage/Bard
    120 music
    120 provo
    120 disco
    120 archery
    120 tactics
    115 magery (use spellchanneling bows)

Mage/Bard
    120 music
    120 provo
    120 disco
    120 peace
    120 eval
    115 magery

Mage Weapon/Bard
    120 music
    120 provo
    120 disco
    120 magery (Wear a spellchanneling, mage weapon -25 or less and a crystalline ring)
    120 tactics
    115 eval

3. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the response, i love playing an archer and was thinking if it would work. Think im going to use my token when i get home are try it out.

What sort of kit do you wear on your Archer/Chiv/Bard? Is it the same as on a chiv archer? Im guessing you have the 4/6 for healing with chiv, but how do you get 4/6?

Thanks again

Thunderz

4. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Orny 3/2
    ring 3/1
    or inquisitors 3/0
    and bow with +1

5. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks, any other tips and pointers? I read somewere not to take music over 100 till you have trained the other skills. Where is good to train and what on? iv been doing swoops and the other spawn round there to just try get a hang of a bard :)

Thanks

Thunderz

6. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Music and peace will be the easiest to raise since you don't need to target anything for music and you can just run around area peacing (please don't train either one in Luna tho, I really hate people who do). By keeping music at GM it wouldn't fail when it checks the music skill nor will it increase the chance for peace/provo/or discord. For training provo and disco, check the hunters guide, it has the barding difficulty listed for untamed animals.

7. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

disco archer is my new fav

well, not new as ive had them for a a couple years now, but i really like playing them and am thinking of making a couple more.

but i dont run this

Archer/Chiv/Bard
    120 music
    120 provo
    120 disco
    120 archery
    120 tactics
    75 chiv
    40 med

i go with
    120 music
    120 disco
    120 archery
    120 tactics
    70 chiv
    100 bushido
    left overs into either focus or med

i use the honor to get my mana back and HP and use the spam lightning strike and the bushy heal to heal.
    i use the chiv heal as my back up.

plus with balanced bows you can run pots, i do on one fella.
    just makes buying bows more $$

8. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Exactly. I use orny; imbued ring with 1/3, 25 di, 10 hci; and an assortment of 1fc bows.