1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Looks like new tameables coming with Bane-Ophidian event

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by gortman, Jun 9, 2010.

1. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure if everyone saw this, but some text strings in the recent patch (see http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1734743&postcount=4) seem to point to two new tameables - a dread swamp dragon and a bane dragon - coming available with the event.

Sounds like the event is now live on TC - may have to go check it out.

2. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

Very cool, nice find!

3. maroite

maroite Guest

There was also mention of specially trained Hell Hounds if you read through that thread.

I am thinking that the Bane Dragon and the dread swamp dragon are one in the same though. If you read the threads carefully I believe there is mention in the quest text about how the Bane Chosen ride the Bane Dragons into combat.

If they are mounts, its rather disappointing from a gargoyle point of view. :(

4. Neither the Bane Dragons or Hell Hounds are Tameable atm on TC.

5. maroite

maroite Guest

Well... The cliloc text that people were posting made me think that you had to do quests to get the Bane Dragons. Or at least to get food for them. Maybe you have to get food in order to tame one or something?

Looked like 20 crystalline blackrock would give you some stew to feed to the dragons. No clue about the hellhounds.

Do they have new graphics? Can you lore them?

6. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

The stew might explain the messages we've been getting from pets since the last patch or two if you inadvertently try to drag and drop something on them. I had assumed that we might see additional types of barding but maybe it's just special foods required for bonding pets. Uggh if that's going to mean having to do a quest now to bond freshly tamed or traded pets that are already in the game. Don't particularly care that much (if the quests aren't ridiculous) if it just applies to new types of pets.

Guess we'll soon be overusing that "stablecount" command to see how many stable slots we have left to squeeze in new stuff, eh?

7. Ah yeah maybe, I read those too and thought the same, I mean from trying to Tame them directly it currently says they can't. Getting loyalty for the quest takes a long time.

The graphic for the Bane Dragon is a black Swamp Dragon, the Hell Hounds are just a brighter hue.

I did lore the Bane Dragons but didn't write it down. They had over 500 HP, 70 Phys resist and 20 something Energy resist from what I can remember. They also had a breath which poisoned.

8. [JD]

[JD] Guest

Where do you find the bane dragons on TC?

9. maroite

maroite Guest

Easiest way is to head to fire and then north. But I don't think they spawn all the time. Not sure.

10. The Bane camp starts just North of where the Desert champ spawn would be (if it were Fel) and trails through towards the Ophidian Temple.

11. Zalan

Zalan Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Anyone lored either the Bane Dragon or Hell Hound yet to get a rough picture of there stats?