1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Loot

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Doubleplay, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The extreme rarity of moonstone jewelery on the gypsies is a great idea.. an idea that should be spread across all loot experiences. The devs should invent 20 or 30 other extremely rare drops and make them possible in treasure chests, monster loot, quests, stealing and etc.

In general this would renew interest all across the board in varied activities. Perhaps crafting rarities could be included too. The chance to receive an extremely rare item while pursuing otherwise mundane tasks would be an exciting addition to UO.

2. WhityJinn

WhityJinn Guest

Yup, an exciting addition.I was farming lava lizards for 25 days 20hours/day to get that neon ring of awesomness +10 and I wanna say I`m so excited and it would be a great idea to add even more rare items to the game, because it gets so exciting and everyone has something to do again and i want to dye my cusidhe too because people at luna bank dont want to talk to me

3. Babble

Babble Guest

You have a point that they should regularly add additional rare named stuff to the loot.
    Best would be unanounced and for the players to find out.
    Should not be a lot of effort and a few dozen items should be scripted fairly quicky.

4. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Sounds like a fine idea to me

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

sounds cool to me.

6. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Whityjinn posting formula:

4 part nonsense + 1 part belittlement + blaze cu'shide reference = submit reply!

7. Thav12

Thav12 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Need ... more .... pixel .... crack

Addiction to this game is already a problem for many, now you are begging for even more of this nonsense. Begging for repetitiveness, to justify the absurd pursuit of pointless items... You are a MMORPG developers' dream customer, I guess. And people wonder why scripts exist..

8. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Well for non pvp player this stuff is king!!. We want rare stuff reasons to go on playing or else what we going to do after we do everything?

9. Thav12

Thav12 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Did you just reduce the entire PvM content of this game to "click-for-stuff" pixel crack addiction feeders for $13 a month? I hope that was not your intent. Although on a philosophical level, you are probably right, I enjoy much more of this game. And "suprise", my main focus playing this game is not PvP.

10. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Pretty much I did. Looking for stuff on corpses has being the basis of all replayability of PVM. From the original ultima series,final fantsy to the Diablo etc... Of course the story of all these games was great and you wanted to finish it. But in order to replay it you needed to get something you missed to enjoy them again or else on to the next game and story. As UO is online and after killing every monster in the game ending it all you have to look forward to in the pvm context is to find things you don't have. Items rares etc..

Just how it is when it comes to the norm of PVM.

11. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I can possibly agree with this idea only with 1 necessary condition, IMHO.

The rare items should ONLY and EXCLUSIVELY be for deco or eye candy.

NEVER EVER, I think, items needed to have an edge in fighting should be limited only to a few players; this would be extremely bad for the game and for PvP, as I see it.

But overall, I'd rather have rare deco items show up as rare loot than with EM Events.

I really do NOT like EM Events sometimes playing out as a "new rares factory"....

12. rareitem

rareitem Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

What about Miner boots +5 mining

13. Babble

Babble Guest

hehe I want a miner outfit that gives 100 mining, as the training of the skill is too boring :p
    *curses why treasurehunters need mining*

But I agree that those items should be fluff. And of that you can implement tons then for players to collect and keep them busy.

14. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

No. rare items should be useful and deco. Pvp always tries to get in the way of PVM fun. PVP wants everything for everyone as easy as possible to fight other players. PVM wants items rares and useful things to collect that other players don't have as a reward for challenging monsters millions of times. Don't care about fighting other players just monsters.
    PVP holds PVM back and ultimetely destroys it. Example: (Imbuing)(Balance)(everything for everyone)(Ease of collecting)

15. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I think that if you don't make the items drop on any specific monster (ie the moonstone items on gypsies) but on ALL monsters, it would just be a nice bonus for people who are out hunting like they always do, who could then get lucky and find one of these super rares.

Anyways its just another goal, something to aim toward and spend time doing, which is what games are for, to occupy you time. If people enjoy this kind of thing, as they clearly do, who cares?

16. Ls Jax Ls

Ls Jax Ls Visitor

Nobody I play with (who mainly PvP) wanted imbuing to happen. Yes, it is nice that imbuing allows you to create characters easily and play on multiple shards easily, but I would have rather them left imbuing out. Honestly, I don't see how UO has ever been about PvM, being as it started out completely focused on PvP. You guys are trying to turn a PvP-based game into a PvM-based game like WoW. If you want to go out hunting monsters all day and collect your pixels, I suggest you switch to the games that are built for that. I will never understand how people refuse to PvP when UO has the best PvP of any game to date, which is not true of its PvM.

17. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Glad some of the PVP crowed don't like imbuing as well. I wish it was the majority.
    PVP wasn't the basis of UO. Richard and the others wanted it to take a life of it's own based on the world of ULTIMA games. PVP just came around as a result. I always PVM in the beggining looking for vanquishing weapons and other such things the only thing that got in the way was the PK's that kept taking them away from me. I was one of the first ones that left for the Tram facet as soon as it was created leaving my old home. It seemed many others felt like me because soon after the old lands where deserted with ony PK's killing PK's. Then a new crowd of players that love ultima games and pvm games like dragon warrior,final fantasy,and the like came to join us.

When diablo came out with it's succesful type of item proprieties that drew many of the rpg players to it UO dev decided to mimic the system and give the items random properties this brought in even more people and re-energized the PVM scene which was getting mundane as reasons to hunt became boredome.

PVM since imbuing has droped for obvious reason and as it's being the primary cash cow in UO for over a decade I have to say someone up there is getting a bit nervous. Hoping the PVP crowd will come back from newer games to constantly supply EA with's it's budget is a huge blind leap of chance they are taking.