1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Looting Code?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Solikos, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Solikos

Solikos Guest

Just curious as to any unwritten looting code that is generally followed on siege... Previously I was under the impression that most don't fully loot, but I guess that was a poor assumption... Got jumped by DP (which alone killed my 2 day old character) and looted completely clean (since I don't use bank it had a little zing to it).

It's obviously not a grudge since I just started on the server... Anyway, this isn't a complaint, though I found it fairly unnecessary / annoying that someone would take a noobs junk... On one hand it makes you wonder why people may get discouraged from Siege (excessive looting). I guess I shouldn't carry diddly squat with me until I'm tough enough to defend myself... Which for the moment is going to be difficult without a house or bank.

Anyway, sorry if this turned into a somewhat negative post... Really would just like to know what I can generally expect.

Edit: I know some people are just like that, a couple people were nice enough to give me some decent weapons previously (after pking me) and certainly did not loot.

Thanks,

~ Solikos

2. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If it isn't blessed expect to lose it end of story, if you aren't fully looted then let it be a pleasant surprise.

3. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

Expect that your corpse is a total write off with each death. That way, if it is otherwise it comes as a pleasant surprise.

*edit* eeeeep! Revvo jynx!

-Skylark

4. Solikos

Solikos Guest

That's enlightening... Guess I'll live in Stealth (like the rest of the shard?) until I'm ready to fight back.

Thanks.

~ Solikos

5. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Yeah, since the major influx of Trammies to Siege (see the major guilds currently) full looting has become the norm. I believe the age of the average Siege player has also dropped around this same time frame, so that may also have something to do with it.

If it's not something that you can live with, Siege won't be for you...although you seem to have handled it well up to this point...la

6. Alrich

Alrich Guest

The siege way of things:

Expect to get looted clean and then find the person who killed you, usually they will sell you your stuff back later (or give it, depends on person)

People tend to take first, then decide later. Unless its boo berry who seems to just carry scissors with him to cut it up, lol.

7. Goron

Goron Guest

Use that bank!

One thing I never understand is how people get surprised and discouraged about a PK looting their 'noob stuff'. "They even took my worthless stuff"
    If its worthless, whats the loss? Shouldn't be discouraging- had you lost something valuable, then that is discouraging.

I don't take time looting garbage personally (just as it is annoying for you to get more, it is annoying for me to get rid of:p)

Join a guild- that makes reequiping very easy.:thumbsup:

Don't let it get to you.
    Train hard and well, and come out of rot ready to fight! :fight:

8. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

Solikos = Rok'Tar?

:stir:

9. Well, I'll explain it to you like this.

Last night, I'm fighting Righty on my archer. Now, my archer can't kill anyone, his bow is too slow, he just dismounts and detects. Anyway, I'm fighting Righty for a while just for entertainment purposes and after a good 10-15 minutes, I die.

Now, it used to be that people saw that as entertainment and they offered you a rez. Righty starts looting me. So, I self rez and hide.

Then, Righty calls in a revealer who reveals me and I die and get dry looted. Remember, this was in a one on one that I had no chance to win. It was just for fun. He says after the fight that he called for help because it was "his loot".

Does that answer your question?

10. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

Ever considered a server with insurance? Would probably fit your playstyle more so than Siege.

11. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

Maybe try NEW.

:stir:

12. WoW---------------------------------->

13. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

Is it really so bad to be good at two different games rather than spending all ones time being bad at just one? :)

14. Other than you, is there anyone who thinks you are "good" at either?

Don't get me wrong, I can't hold a candle to your PvM knowledge, crafting knowledge, or overall devotion to pixels, but when you PvP, you are pretty average.

15. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

Compared to who though? I consider myself no better than "above average" not amazing not godlike just a little above the norm but there are plenty i consider average or below, yourself included.

16. Turtle

Turtle Guest

Thanks you made my weekend. The only thing that could make it better now is a cold :pint:

17. Turtle

Turtle Guest

I willing to match any amount of gold you can put up to kill the avg pvp Revvo in a fight and I have no idea who you are. *shrug*

18. Righty

Righty Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Scorn I probaby wouldn't have looted you, had you not trammied out on me and self resed !

19. TheScoundrelRico

20. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

loot everyone dry.

Even if you dont need it take it and trash it... Its the Siege Perilous way.

21. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I've always expected to get looted when I die

Its merely the risk one takes : )

22. TheScoundrelRico

No it's not...or at least it wasn't before romper room moved in...la

23. Masumatek

Masumatek Guest

It's not the Siege way...it's the ahole way. The "majority" doing it doesn't make it right. It wasn't always like this. Unfortunately though honor has greatly declined on Siege. Reskilling, dry looting, and **** talking have increased. That doesn't mean you have to do the same though just because most others are.

One thing you can do though to slightly decrease your chance of getting rked and dry looted is not rush back to your corpse every time you die.

24. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Its gonna happen bro, i was looted a **** ton when i first started but hang in there....if you need armor sets, weps, whatever, look me up in game....the names Astynax. Dont get discouraged! Siege is awesome

25. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Wow must have been nice, its been like that since my first steps onto Siege :thumbdown::twak: Im a fool!

26. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Yes that is true, But as you said... Most others do. and I wasnt here when there was honor and the shard was thriving... I like I made it on its downward spiral which has ended with its current state... :fight:

27. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I'm not sure why you don't use the bank, I strongly suggest you re-think that idea. No matter how good you get you're never going to be able to keep anything if you carry all your possessions with you.

Within 2 days of arriving here I was killed in Umbra, dry looted, my meagre goods put in my dead pack llama and I was res-killed twice more trying to get back to my body from the healer. This interesting initiation to the shard was done 'for the honor of the damned'. I failed to see any honor in tormenting a char who was not only new but also, obviously from the goods they put in the dead beast, a crafter.

I learned that all of Umbra isn't under the guardzone. I learned to avoid that particular guild if I possibly could. I didn't make the assumption that all pks on the shard followed the same practice. I was cross about it, but I realised there was no point in crying about it, I re-equipped, learned from it and moved on.

Moonglow merchant: I guess you didn't read my post before the boards went down saying that, on Europa where I have the virtue, I never self rez until after my murderer has finished looting. To do so is an invitation to res-kill. Having the loot suddenly disappear before his eyes is disagreeable to him.

28. Night

Night Adventurer

Joining the [NEW] guild will offer a limited amount of protection.

Don't carry anything you aren't prepared to lose !

Join a guild, it's more fun playing with others :thumbsup:

If you need anything replacing I'd be happy to help, drop me a msg - ICQ #7059529 or if you're UK/Europe timezone I'd be happy hunt with you to get you some new stuff.

29. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

It should do, instead of self rez, loot and hide, it had been better to show your ghost and wait to he is done with your corpes.

Trying to loot before a PK is done will make many dry loot you.

30. Krystal

Krystal Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

righty u rock :cheerleader:

kill em all muahaha

31. UncleSham

UncleSham Certifiable

first of all i dont kill non agressors reguardless of color , but if you attack me and i win, expect to be cleaned out .

dry looting sounds mean and all but it has its place . strategically it stops someone from jumping right back into the fight .

personally i think "taking out" a newbie or crafter is uncalled for since they arent a threat to begin with , but some here dont see it as such . might as well expect it .

use your bank and get a house as soon as posable . even if all you can afford is a 7x7 shack ... its there , use it.

usually tho if you wait till the fight is over and ask nice ill give your stuff back . of course , poeple who have a history of being jerks will likely not get a single piece back from me .

the shard is rather small and poeple remember things like this . dont build yourself a bad rep and most poeple will treat you with respect .

32. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

I normally don't self-rez, though I have the ability to. I save that for pvm when healers are a long ways away. I have on occasion used it though, when I'm fighting something, have 5 demons chewing on my tail, am poisoned, and am down to my last hit point, and a gank squad runs up and downs me lol. They didn't earn anything, and I see no reason to give it to them . Then I will self-rez and stealth away. If you want what I carry, then get it the old fashioned way! Death and mayhem! Or steal it, if I'm not paying attention. Killing someone who is already dying doesn't make you a pvp'er- it makes you a looter.

And, as always, the old hard and true Siege rule that I've so often read- don't carry something if you can't afford to lose it.

33. TheScoundrelRico

:) ...la

34. CroakerTnT

CroakerTnT Guest

Sorry, there's no looting code, unless it's previously negotiated.

In general, many people will follow the rule of "loot as you are looted", but that rule breaks down quickly. Also, some guilds and players have a specific rule to loot everything, no matter how worthless. I can't tell you how many scissors I lost to Vmp in my early days on this shard.

So, get a house and dump all your junk and never carry anything you aren't prepared to risk losing.

35. TheScoundrelRico

Yeah, they are some of the newbs that started that...all in the name or RP *rofl*...la

36. Eh-Tah-Chi

Eh-Tah-Chi Guest

For the most part I wont attack new, unless they are obviously getting i nthe way of a fight or trash talking.
    Anyone else though, if its not runic armor, ill cut it up and leave it there to rot.

37. Bluebottle

Bluebottle Guest

My suggestions are with the majority here - assume the worst then anything else is a bonus. Having said that, for my own experience, most times I was lightly if at all looted and sometimes even ressed. I've only been dry looted perhaps half a dozen times and of those half had placed my body contents in a bag near the corpse in case I was late returning.

As observed by others, the trend may be changing with some recent arrivals - but there's always hope the old-school Siege attitude will prevail.

38. Bluebottle

Bluebottle Guest

... alternatively, take some emergency pouches to periodically store acquired loot and spare essential supplies and stash in an unobtrusive transparency required location marking the coordinates - of course that's assuming your sextant doesn't get snagged too (UOAM helps here)!

39. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

It mat be the KOC and TO way but it's not the Siege way or was not in the past.

In old days, looting was used to show respect or disrespect to a player.
    If you respect someone, loot light
    If you disrespect someone, dryloot
    If just someone, loot what you need
    If a newbie, loot light and evt give advices about the shard

Sure Siege always had it share of players who think griefing was cool so they could laugh with their friends when they successed to make someone feel bad. Most of them are kids but not all of them.

No wonder we have very few roleplayers left when alot feel proud of being asshats.

40. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I think quite a lot of people would like to see a return to these values.

41. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Hence why I miss the Orcs.

42. Shakaja

Shakaja Guest

actually, without the going away of armor, crafters business would be pretty much dead. so both sides have their pros and cons.

about the roleplayer remark i somewhat disagree. the problem is the game mechanics that dont really allow you to roleplay with anyone that isnt looking for roleplaying himself. but not looking at that, i couldnt think of a better situation than alot of asshats to form some good guilds that fight all that evil.

43. Molly

Molly Guest

Since I just came back, any many still dont remember who I am, no matter what guild i'll be in, ill do as this with one exception... in big fights, dont except you'll be allowed to get your corpse back, since I hate to fight with people who just gotten them selves a res and ready to fight again

44. Yella

Yella Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I've been dry-looted 3 times (by 3 seperate people), and i've only been PK'd 4 times in total since I joined Siege 4 weeks ago. The NEW tag means nothing to alot of people.
    To be fair there are some great people on Siege, but it seems to have more than its fair share of arrogant, thoughtless ****ers as well.

Like the OP, I am not moaning about being looted / campaigning for insurance or any of the like, so please keep your 'clever' remarks to yourselves (nor am I referring to the quoted post above). You know who you are.

45. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Wrong... lumberjacking and mining FTW...forever and always...

46. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

3 looting rules of siege

1. If it is a gank or you dont like the person, LOOT EVERYTHING
    2. If it is a solo field fighting or you do like the person, LOOT EVERYTHING GOOD
    3. If it is a duel, LOOT NOTHING

There ya go.

47. Solikos

Solikos Guest

Worthless stuff = Role playing items. I mean who honestly needs a 10 pound severed human head (other than an Orc)?

That's the plan... :)

Yub yub.

I'm here because of no insurance; I hate the fact that most of UO has become an arty/item farm. I just wanted to get a clear picture of any unwritten 'codes.' It doesn't bother me much really, and much less now that I'll be expecting dry looters.

Already part of [Orcs] where I'll be to stay. :)

48. TheScoundrelRico

LOL, did you bring those from your production shard?...la

49. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Smart man...need my help dont hesitate to icq me...

50. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I guess maybe the reason I dry looted so many people is because Iw as always treated the way I should have been for my actions, hence having tons of enemies and being "disrespected" by all... so yea I did dry loot quite a few and I can see your point.