1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Looting rights

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Feb 14, 2011.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have been trying to search for detailed informations on the functionality of Looting Rights in Ultima Online but I could only find old informations.

Does that mean there have been no changes to looting rights as described there in all those years ?

Also, the info I found generically talk about 30% of the "top" attacker...

Thing is, I have heard of players participating at fights where the top attacker was doing like 150+ damage per hit and players doing like 30/40 damage per hit which is far below that 30%. Yet, everybody would get their instanced corpse in the end...

Also, what about "special items" ?

When there is only 1 special item is it luck of the draw among all that damaged the target no matter how much damage was done ?

Or, does it get RNGed only among the "top" damagers ? Top damagers in what sense ?

Within that 30% I read in the old article ?

Bottom line is, is there any more recent information available as in regards to how looting rights work in detail nowadays ?

Thanks.

2. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

The amount of damage you do is irrelevant. Your portion of the loot is RNG based.

Think of all the loot you're missing out on by not looting the corpses of the monsters you didn't hit!

3. Seriously?
    Do some more research here for all you could want to know about Looting Rights.

For example, a quick check also found this:

Looting Rights Fixes
    UO Team
    30 May 2001 00:00:00 EST
    The following issues with looting rights have been modified:
    • Getting the last hit on a monster will no longer be a determining factor for looting rights.
    • Players will no longer get credit for damage done to a creature beyond the amount of hit points remaining when calculating looting rights. For example, if a creature has 5 hit points and a player casts a spell on it that does 40 hit points of damage, the player will now get credit for doing 5 points as opposed to the potential damage amount of 40 points.

4. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So why when hunting in a multiple players party still there is players trying to max out their damage output ?

If in the end it matters nothing whether one does 10 damage or 300 to get the special item drop, since it is only RNG determined, why bother maxing damage out other than to shorten the length of the fight ?

5. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Exactly... so that you can do it again and have 2x the chance at a drop.

6. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

had several times as a fighter, disco'd bane guard, greater drag, that's it. I got to hit a Lot but got squat for loot. I just waited a couple mins, then dry looted. I was kinda disappointed at first(loot wise), but it was Fun!