1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Lord British (Richard Garriot) Interviews

Discussion in 'UHall' started by copycon, Jan 12, 2011.

1. copycon

copycon Guest

I hope that the mods don't mind me sharing these...

I found these videos linked elsewhere, and after watching them I thought that they good for some UO nostalgia and were still right on point for a lot of the "Classic" UO debates that have been going on lately.

Anyways, here they are:

YouTube - Richard Garriot Next Generation Interview 1
    YouTube - Richard Garriot Next Generation Interview 2
    YouTube - Richard Garriot Next Generation Interview 3
    YouTube - Richard Garriot Next Generation Interview 4
    YouTube - Richard Garriot Next Generation Interview 5

Enjoy. :)

2. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I do not feel downloading all of the video interview.

What is it about ?

3. copycon

copycon Guest

I posted these mostly for nostalgia. I figured that there were enough people that read these boards that actually knew and played UO back around the time that these videos were made and would appreciate them.

In the videos Garriot shares some of the early events and changes that were made to UO. He also describes the balance that existed between "good" and "evil" players and their play styles and about how he saw the development process and why it was important for each element to be a part of UO.

I thought it was interesting and I figured that I would share is really all there is to it. If you don't have any interest, then carry on. :)

4. Mairut

Mairut Guest

That's depressing. I miss Garriot :(

5. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

They are only about 13 minutes total, I'm sure you could skip reading the forums for that long if your interested in what he is saying. :)

6. Nalif

Nalif Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I completely forgot about the traps and guards and stuff they let you set to keep thieves out of your house! Those were exciting times! I miss those days, back when the game was more "sand box" and less pixel collecting :( Thank you very much for the links.

7. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

They stream from youtube.

8. Babble

Babble Guest

Such optimism .. player run cities that govern themselves ....13 years and not implemented :p

Hmmm tools for the community to condone or oppose playstyles ... where was that ever implemented ....

OOh he is talking about game master in game ...something ea now does not belive much of it anyway

Support of social events ... hey why is he talking about origin when he should behave like an ea drone :p

9. Coldren

Coldren Sage
    Stratics Veteran

From the second interview: "We should provide people the tools by which they can discourage play styles they don't like.."

Housing traps? Don't ever remember seeing those.

Seems the world he envisioned never quite made it to reality. Pity...