1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Lost Bane Dragon... Help?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Vexxed, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

A Guildmate of mine was doing some VvV fighting outside Fire Dungeon Entrance in & out of the Dungeon onto the docks. He some how managed to get his Bane Dragon guard whacked at which point it instantly disappeared instead of becoming a ghost (No corspe or anything.) There was a blue Tamer on the opposing side who was SPAMMING guards which got the PET G-whacked but not the controlling character. The Tamer who lost the Bane was only flagged on other VvV characters so it's probably some weird flagging issue / bug with pets and VvV. Anyway...

1) No pet ball was attached
    2) Logged in and out lots of time with no luck
    3) Control slots read ZERO
    4) Not in his Stable
    5) Ran around all of Serpents Hold physically looking & haven't found it.
    6) Have emailed Mesanna already

Any other suggestions about how to find it or what to do?

2. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I think if you've searched the area and there isn't a pet ball linked to the pet, there's little else that you can do. I'd run around inside the dungeon too and double check the bane isn't there either. I always check as far as it's physically possible to go from the area where the pet died, as they can shoot off in one direction and keep going till they hit an obstacle. Petra found a dragon of mine many screens from where it died, it just stopped when it reached a mountain! You could try calling a GM for assistance but I suspect the pet is lost :(

It could be a bug with guard whacking and VvV, that's certainly possible.

The other concern I'd have is that the dragon lost loyalty during the fight if the tamer was issuing lots of commands, and that led to it going wild and disappearing. That may account for the pet being whacked but not the owner. But it's years since I let a pet get whacked by guards so I'm not an expert on the flagging in that scenario, especially with VvV too. Whenever a dread mare or bane goes poof the first thing I'd check is exactly how much skill the owner had and how good they are at feeding pets during a hunt or PvP session. Because often loyalty turns out to be the issue, causing a pet to go wild and poof. What was the owner's real and boosted taming and lore skill? When was the pet fed last or lored as wonderfully happy? Did they hear any refused command noises during the fight? It's worth double checking, even if they're sure they have enough control and think they're doing the right things, otherwise they might have the same thing happen again with a replacement bane dragon. They might have been told "oh you only need x skill for a bane!" and haven't actually checked the figures themselves. I'd always run skill through the calculator here to eliminate skill levels as a cause.

Wenchy

3. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

4. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

so he was exploting the dungeon entrance to keep from getting targeted and lost his pet screwing around, LMAO ah well it is probably black holled this was how it was done ages ago might not have been fixed for pets, toodlooo

5. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I would consider that a write off tbh.

azmodanb likes this.
  6. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Guild mate was Actually trying to kill the guy hopping in and out of the dungeon entrance... Nice to see that you like to let Practice your trolling though...

7. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Just go tame a ne-oh, yeah.

I hate limited time tameables.

8. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I had this issue once with a greater dragon in the lost lands in fel. It too said i had 0 followers, i tried logging in and out, however i did infact find where my dragon had died and as i approached saw the dragon's ghost, and miraculously my followers jumped to 5 again.

I'm sure this particular bane dragon is now lost due to the timescale, however in future, there is still hope.

9. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

They should put Banes and Dreads back into the game. A few spawn areas each preferably.
    I can´t think of one single reason not to.
    Issues like this wouldn´t become such an issue and it would be a nice addition for the taming community while they wait for a pet revamp.

I already have them both but one of the fun things with playing a tamer is to go search for that "better" one.

LetheGL likes this.