1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost Masonry when stoning Mining

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by mutau, Jun 4, 2008.

1. mutau

mutau Guest

I stoned my mining skill recently. Prior to that, i learned Masonry. I just recently put BACK on mining, but now i don't know how to do masonry. Does this happen to anyone else? Did i miss something?
  2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    Masonry is a sub-skill of Carpentry, not Mining, first of all.

Second, the reading of the books are specific to character. If you put the skills onto a different character than the ones you read the books with, you'll have to read the mining stone book with that character, and (if the carpenter was transferred over from another character) read the stonecrafting book with the character as well.

Recipes work the same way - they are character-specific, and if you transfer the skill, you have to relearn them on the new character.
  3. mutau

mutau Guest

awesome. ty so much 4 the info!time to dust off the carp stone and put it back on. ty ty ty.