1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost Returning Player

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by umbuga, Nov 18, 2013.

1. umbuga

umbuga Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Nov 8, 2009
    Hey all i've been back a couple weeks and am still trying to get the feel of all the new content,pretty overwhelming as so much has changed.
    I have expansions up to SA.My char skills are a mess at best it seems and i have absolutely no idea where to go.
    Pop seem low on Catskills so maybe looking at some solo PvM until i can get comfortable with things again.I have quite a bit of gold still,maybe 500k but looking at prices of stuff(10 mil for 120 sword scroll??!!)i am broke Lol
    Any help in what i could do?pick a best char and try and go with that?where can i go to work on skills,what can i do to get my skills updated to current content.....so many questions

My chars look like this

Char A some hp gear,soul seeker and using sheild of invuln,hci is zero,dci is 15.swing speed 60
    Parry 100
    Swords 104.2
    Tact 100
    Anat 94.2
    Bush 89.3
    Chiv 65.5
    Nec 77.6

Char B basic gear lmc 10 shows a pic of reagents and says 108?Hmm so sdi or fast spell
    Musician 100
    Eval 110
    Magery 111
    Med 110.6
    Peacemk 85
    resist 70.3

Char C pretty much junk lol
    An Lore 95.2
    Taming 85.2
    Hiding 50.1
    Magery 70
    Med 74.3
    Ninjitsu 50
    Stealth 30
    Vet 85

I do have a crafter char with 100 in bs,tink,carp,tailor with 92 focus and 75 mining
  2. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

May 12, 2004
    I'm bad at making templates. I play mostly archers with various supporting skills. I think it really depends on what you truly enjoy most.

Catskills is a little slow this time of year, keep in mind we are mostly visiting family and taking late vacations and whatnot until the end of the year.
    The good news is the 10-20 you may find online are very helpful and glad to guide you.

I suggest reading stratics main site. Check out what you can find on not only current events (cities are being invaded until the next publish) and common and fun templates as well as new skills and perhaps new account upgrades you should get if you can afford them. Petra Fyde has written some great articles that should help you tremendously!!!

And welcome back to UO and Stratics!!
  3. umbuga

umbuga Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Nov 8, 2009
    Thanks,been reading a lot.I seen the invasions,went to one,i lasted maybe 3 seconds! Lol
    Flutter likes this.