1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[BUG] Lost text

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Wolfways, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Wolfways

Wolfways Guest

Well it isn't exactly lost, but i usually can't see any text that appears on the line following a line that is too long to fit in the chat box.
    The next line after the "long line" is either below the box (i.e. in the area where you type your messages) or even below that so is "not there".

Sometimes a long line of text will fill the first line, put a few words on the next line, and then maybe even add a word to the next line.

The text stays like that until the "long line" scrolls up off the top and then returns to normal.

I've tried changing the chat box size but it always happens.
  2. TheGrayGhost

TheGrayGhost Guest

I know what you mean. Occasionally it's like the text leaks out of the chat box. Has happend to me a few times. Not often though.
  3. Wolfways

Wolfways Guest

It's not occasional for me. EVERY line that is too long for the chat box screws up the following text.

I keep missing bits of conversations. Makes it kinda hard to talk to others :(
  4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    i had this problem and just switched chat types (legacy,non-legacy)

another thing you can do is resize the chat window it doesnot take much and when i did this it would snap back into the box
  5. Wolfways

Wolfways Guest

Well i prefer having to hit enter before typing, so haven't tried the other way. Might have no choice for now though.
    Also, whenever i change the box size it snaps back into its original place further up the screen and i have to drag it back down again, and putting it back in the right place takes a little while as i have everything fitting very tightly together on my screen.