1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Love the Smithing Press but...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by GarthGrey, Apr 26, 2015.

1. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Don't stop there. Give Tinkers/Cooks/Alchys/Fletchers/Carpenters some love. I was running low on cannon ammo so I had to make up some fuse cords which of course take your ridiculous potash that can only be made one at a time, while charcoal can be made in stacks of however much you can hold. Anyway, some kind of vet reward Alchemy station would have been nice to have.

2. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

I'm all for more useful vet rewards!

I suggest that the gadgetry table be reworked for tinkering, since the golems from them are less than useless.

3. Brock

Brock Adventurer

I really like the idea of the Smithy Press and the Sewing Machine but I feel like they didn't think it all the way through. To do it for other skills might be a bit excessive, that would be a lot of add-ons. There are a lot of things that have similar uses but different functionality that have gotten out of hand. Take dye tubs for example.

4. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Agreed, that's why they should have just given us a Vet Reward "Crafting station". One weird looking thing that can be loaded with any tool type.

Hardy and Dot_Warner like this.
  5. Loriel

Loriel Seasoned Veteran

Anyone know if the smithing/printing press work for skill gain ?

6. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Why wouldn't they? You're still using your skills.

OREOGL likes this.
  7. Loriel

Loriel Seasoned Veteran

do you know that for a fact or ?

8. OREOGL

OREOGL Babbling Loonie
    Professional Campaign Patron

Great idea!

9. El Burri

El Burri Visitor

Great Idea!++

But why as a vet reward only? I would sell it via the shop for real money - could generate a nice additional cashflow... and I understand that's what needed for the survival of uo...

Vor likes this.
  10. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor

Other tools would be great.
    Yeap. I agree here. Shop item would be awesome.

11. Gamer_Goblin

I just wish they'd give new accounts a catch up mechanism for these vet rewards. I appreciate that you all have put in your time, but 18 years for something that has a useful application in game is a bit much of an askance for new players.

Seelendolch likes this.
  12. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor

Only way I'd see them doing it would be to have an option to buy up the missing months, at cost. And that'd be like £960 to take my ten year account to 18. Not sure how many would pay it.

13. Gamer_Goblin

That's a lack of imagination. :)

14. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

There is an alchemist table already ingame. Make it worth something besides deco!

Parnoc, Tanivar and Dot_Warner like this.
  15. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor

Can you picture the uproar if it was any other way?

16. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Vet Reward Turn-in Program

Packrat22 and Storm like this.
  17. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I want a lumber mill that turns logs into boards.

18. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor

Perhaps. But the market would be cornered on them pretty quickly :) Still wouldn't let you actually use the older ones either.

19. Naitch

Naitch Journeyman

Not really impressed with the looks or the animation of either reward. Some more work needs to be put in to make them more attractive looking.
    Seriously the tailor press looks like it belongs to an old granny.

Im not old enough to receive one on my account right now, and players tend to sell them in the 60 mil gold range.
    Way too much for what you get in return, so its 100 sewing kits locked down in a bag at home for me at the moment.

20. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I thought all Vet Rewards, that are not account bound, age USE limits were removed. A Vet Reward Turn-In Program would be like the Clean-Up Program but for Vet Rewards only but UO will NEVER EVER go for this.

21. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I wish I must have a dozen or more robes, cloaks that are 100% useless by today's .UO standards. No one is going to sacrifice usefull slots for the measly 5physical resist you get. I can't even say how many statues I have. I would love some sort of exchange for them.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  22. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I have over a dozen tub sets alone and countless robes/cloaks from friends leaving UO and giving me their stuff. At this point in UO's life what harm would there be in a Vet Reward Turn-In Program for 50% value (IE 2 1st yr for one 1st yr pick OMG this will ruin UO and think about all the Shard Shields you could get 1 14th reward needs 2-13/4-12/8-11/16-10/32-9/64-8/128-7/256-7/512-6/1024-5/2048-4/4096-3/8192-2/16,384-1 OMG over 16K 1st year vet rewards for a shard shield that will ruin UO forever, GOD I wish there was a sarcasm text/quote. You do understand that we risk the wrath of others for even talking about this.

23. MalagAste

I do but I don't care. It's worth discussing. I have no idea how many dye tubs I have on how many shards. It's scarry if using it to get shard shields would be a problem then don't put that on the list of things you can exchange for. It's sad though to have 100 or more of these things lying around cause they aren't worth spring clean points and they are vet rewards so I hate to just toss them. I suppose I keep hoping they will have some use someday.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  24. Dizzy

Dizzy Seasoned Veteran
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Benefactor Treasure Hunters

I'm not sure I understand how the smithing press and sewing machine work. I dropped a bunch of tongs in the crate, and sewing kits in the stool, but the machines themselves still have 0 charges. When I try to make something, it says I don't have any tailoring tools, despite dropping 20-30 kits in the stool. What am I doing wrong?

25. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable

AMEN! After my sweet little sister pick up a bunch of commodity deeds that had between 30k to 60k of logs I was wishing for something like that! That table saw in the carpenter's shop in New Haven would do the trick!

Lord Frodo likes this.
  26. MalagAste

Don't know I dropped about 20 hammers on my smithing press and it worked just fine. I sat down and worked away just fine.

27. Dizzy

Dizzy Seasoned Veteran
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Benefactor Treasure Hunters

Never mind, I was outsmarted by Pinco's. I didn't realize there was a drop down to select the press. No wonder I ran out of charges as I emptied my pack.