1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Lucis Interface Beta 0.7 Release

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by lucitus, Oct 29, 2009.

1. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Hi users of the Enhanced client, today i want to introduce my new Interface 0.7 still in Beta.

Download:

http://www.semperatus.de/Interface/LucisInterface_0_7_SA_BETA.exe

Installation:

The installer should guide you throw the installation, important is that you choose your correct Stygian Abyss (Enhanced Client) installation folder.

Features:
    New in this release:
    - SpellWordDisplay (An Nox - Cure, Cure or An Nox) found in SettingsWindow > Options
    - Current Player Coordinates can now be shown under the Radar
    - Overheadchat for Explosion potions and Traps is fixed and should now be displayed again
    - Adjusted the legacy Runebook a bit to get a better overview and accessabilitie

Old Ones:
    - Resizeable Atlas
    - Buff Timers
    - Healthbar Droppout of Curren Target
    - Lock Settings
    - % in the Current Target Window
    - Auto opening of Paperdoll and Backpack at login
    - Clock

Found a Bug?
    Please report it on my homepage http://www.semperatus.de/bugreport/ or report it here directly.

Known Bugs
    The big ComboBoxes can not be accessed via the right button only clicking on the text directly opens the menue.

Thanks to
    The Bitter Black Modder Team and to the creator of the wonderfull legacy Runebook skin.

2. Radix

Radix Guest

Great!! thanks.
    That lock settings is an anti-patch override? ;-)

comboboxes??

3. Fink

Fink Guest

There doesn't seem to be any provision for binding a key to Open Paperdoll.

When I tried my key (R-Alt+P), it pulled up the health bar of the current target, and that function appears in the keybinding list where paperdoll should be. Does that replace it? Can we have both?

I use Open Paperdoll quite often whilst running. It forces your avatar to update and all the hostiles in the area target you. This is very handy if you use EV or EQ. Using the run keys + the paperdoll button is a bit clumsy compared to using mouse to run + keybinding to open paperdoll.

4. Radix

Radix Guest

by defect, after the tank-override patch, the open paperdoll key is C (my auto-invisibility), to me, before i changed the keybind, each time i strike c both cast invisibility and open paperdoll,
    and what the h*** i did not want to be targeted in that moment becouse a risky situation in Prism of light xD
    strange, there is a point after patch two actions can be binded to same key? :| I did no try but sure if i change another key to a existing one it overrides with typical yes/no question...

5. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry for that, iam not ready yet with the new independent keybinding system, but i have a solution for you.

Make a script macro, which include the following:
    Code:
    script MenuBarWindow.TogglePaperdollWindow()

drop into a macro or hotbar like you want and bind a key.

6. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Technically it is no problem to bind a key twice or more, only the interface checks if the key is already in a list. One time stored it is no problem to have a double key binding. The problem with this patch is the resetting the whole keybindings, which are now individual stored on character. And this system doesnt check if the key is already binded, abit strange but, Mythic thought this is the most important problem atm and changed it.

7. Fink

Fink Guest

Thanks, I will do that for all characters.

I like the pet name lock/unlock feature and the ability to put in spaces and other such characters, plus the profile save button, and a few other nice touches. I'm using my own skin over the top of it as a matter of preference but I like the functions you've put in. :thumbup:

*edit* Added bonus, I just noticed I can now price my animals directly by naming them "selling iron beetle 20K"

8. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

What do you mean opening your paperdoll updates your avatar? It makes the hostiles aggro you? This is weird.

9. Fink

Fink Guest

Happens in Classic also, very good for large spawns if you're a dexxer, and good for manipulating spawn in general. When you're moving and you toggle your paperdoll your avatar "refreshes" in the game world.. there's a slight rubber-band effect. The avatar refreshes if you recall in or resurrect near hostiles, also, which is why you sometimes get pasted in those situations. Not sure if it's related but toggling your paperdoll closes your bankbox.

10. Radix

Radix Guest

For suggestions i would say a lot of things xD but at first glance, thinking in KR last days, i miss a lot the feature of seeing each item property in diferent colors (max mods in golden, strong ones deep blue, elemental damage in 4 colors, weak mods in black-gray...), and seeing critical hits in a bigger / diferent font.

regards

11. Fink

Fink Guest

Item properties would be a good one to revisit. It would make looting more discerning, and it would also serve to highlight just how weak Item ID is as it stands.

12. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Wow... can't believe I forgot to make a package for it...

Item Property Intensity highlighting is available (still not very polished as far as the setup goes, but it works):
    http://uo.modders-exchange.net/modpackaging

Requires the CustomSettingsWindow, CustomSettings, and CustomLocalization mods.

Lucitus might be able to incorporate that into his skin, and work on other features.

13. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks! I will look over it and maybe polish it up a bit or two, i will repost it when it is done.

14. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Waits patiently ;-) this is the one I have been waiting for :thumbup1:

15. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Very good coding stlye, ohh my old own player color *S*, Gildar can you post me a link please, for the syntax of the

Code:
     regex="^Engraved: (.*)$",

i need to understand this ^(.*)$ in the string functions.

16. Radix

Radix Guest

I think me too, surely it don't take too long for Lucitus to include ;-)

but if we can't wait more, we only need to include all this files into the UI directory overwriting all, right?

Oooooh oooooh, one more one more!! xDD You guys recall the sooo nice animal lore gumps of KR? all info in a single page (what's the point of scrolling 4 pages for the same info! another wink for our beloved stuck playerbase?)
    That would be also a nice add-on ;)

...brainstorming...
    Regards.

17. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah iam on it but it is a big thing, especially i have to thank the team who carried together the data.

But there is much todo for a good highlighting feature. This is only the first try...

18. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I'd recommend creating a mods directory, and then create a sub-directory for each mod, and extract the contents of the appropriate zip into that folder...

Soo...

/userinterface/YOURSKINHERE/mods/customsettings/(custom settings files here)
    /userinterface/YOURSKINHERE/mods/customsettingswindow/(custom settings window files here)
    etc...

Helps keep things organized.

This is a good page for Lua Regular Expressions:
    http://lua-users.org/wiki/PatternsTutorial

19. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Damm iam very busy with my studies atm, i have not really time doing anything here please be patient, thanks!

20. Fink

Fink Guest

Scroll bar for *own* paperdoll profile would be good.

Good luck with the studies. :thumbup:

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!