1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Luck and Loot?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Retlaw of Vesper, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Retlaw of Vesper

Retlaw of Vesper Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I was reading a thread in Uhall about the new loot system. The topic was how much Luck would help loot property levels, and it seems to be a lot.

One point made was Felucca gets a +1000 luck bonus. Do we just have that 'always on' or does Siege not get any bonus? This could possibly make a big difference in what kind of loot we can pull vs production servers.

2. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

But would that difference matter?

But yeah, I´m not gonna decline a free 1000 luck bonus.

3. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

We don't have double resources, so I highly doubt we'll have 1000 felucca luck either.

Lord Kotan likes this.
  4. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I feel we should have both double resources and 1000 luck bonus.

Lord Kotan, VinnySP, Obsidian and 4 others like this.
  5. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I agree Freja...

startle likes this.
  6. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

I did quite a few spawning dungeon chests, and we didn't get any 1000 luck boost that I could see. Very disappointing.

7. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I think most everything is still decidedly worse than revamped dungeon loot, which makes the whole thing sort of pointless. :/

8. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

I believe the point of the new loot system was to finally upgrade the worthless junk on most monsters, and replace it with items that were much more useful - as either armor or melted to ingredients. From what I hear from a couple of friends (one is a treasure hunter, btw), they're quite happy with the changes... As am I. It was never my impression that an Ogre would be dropping uber stuff, just better stuff - and I think they accomplished that...

9. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Well what I was referring to was things like ancient wyrms. I still got as good or better loot off of the lizard men in wrong, which are drastically weaker.

10. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I mostly get lesser and minor magic stuff of the overland's spawn. I can be lucky to get a greater or mayor magic item from the more powerful mobs. If I want to be able to unraw a few relic for an hours hunting, I need around 1000 luck.
    Noone will hunt the overland to get this stuff, not even a newbie, I'm very disappointed as I had looked forward to see life in the forest, at the desert, at the swamp and at GY's

11. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Well I mean they can't very well have artifacts dropping off of every other orc. I did get one off an ettin though, so there's that.

startle and SpyderBite like this.
  12. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Any tailors stocking nice luck suits?

13. Retlaw of Vesper

Retlaw of Vesper Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

For fun I went and did 3 runs hunting some higher end over land mob with zero luck. Drops were ok, nothing that I kept, but got 3 relic frags out of it all.

Then I put 90 luck on my armor and got the statue bonus (1450 luck total) and did 2 runs with same mob. Not only did the quantity of items increase, but the quality did as well. 7 relic frags plus I kept 2 max intensity items.

Obviously this is only a small test, but pleased enough with the results. The 50 stone items are annoying and usually get left, otherwise I'd have to bank every other kill.

Zalfein likes this.