1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Luck and Stygian Abyss Artifact Drop/Drop Rates generally

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Fizzleton, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Fizzleton

Fizzleton Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hello, I am trying to coming back to the game trolling around the Abyss. I managed to kill dozens of those "renowned"-mobs, but never got a drop. Therefore some questions:
    - Are there confirmed numbers of drops per say 100 kills?
    - Does luck affect the chance of getting a drop?
    - I found a thread mentioning that artifacts may spawn to the ground. Still true?
    - In Doom there was this special "accumulation-thing", by killing bosses you got better and better chances for a drop next time. I guess this is not implemented for these guys?

Best regards, and thx in advance, Fizzle

2. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Professional Mall Santa and Legendary Piglet
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

- Are there confirmed numbers of drops per say 100 kills?

>The SA-Arties drop on the renowned bosses, not on the mobs. They are rare. I got some Tinker Legs after 200 devourers. But I got 3 Basilisk-Breastplates after 50 Rat Bosses. I donĀ“t know a %-chance...

- Does luck affect the chance of getting a drop?

>No

- I found a thread mentioning that artifacts may spawn to the ground. Still true?

>Aye, there are 4 weapons in the Abyss and 1 in the Underworld. You need stealing skill to get them.

- In Doom there was this special "accumulation-thing", by killing bosses you got better and better chances for a drop next time. I guess this is not implemented for these guys?

>Right. Sheer and utter randomness ;-)

3. HippoRedux

HippoRedux Adventurer

The only other place I've found where the Doom-like "drop counter" works is in Covetous lvl3 (the area above Cora). I get 1-6 drops a day there (Heph, brightblade, tundra, etc.) depending on how many and how high fame are he monsters killed in the various spawns.

4. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Professional Mall Santa and Legendary Piglet
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

Correct and correct!