1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Luck and T-Maps

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Whitewolf of *VK*, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Whitewolf of *VK*

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

My Treasure hunter has max luck, and have done 22 lvl 6 and lvl 7 t-maps in the last week, i have yet to get a drop in the chest its self above a greater magic, but i have pulled quit a few artifcat items from the spawn itself. anyone else havin this same issue? starting to wonder if wearing a luck on my t-map hunter is even worth it.

2. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Same, I've gotten higher quality items from the actual spawn, not so much from the chest itself.

Although I haven't done as many maps, I'd say I've done less than 10 since Global loot came out.

I'm around 1.3k luck on my T-hunter though.

3. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Also tested it when is the luck calculated, the items in the chest are crap for this high lvl 6 or 7! Please devs look into this thank you!

4. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

same for us - we look forward to any type dragon for the leathers and the artifacts, cause there's certainly nothing much in the chest

when they first began talking about loot bumps I figured we'd see less vines and more orbs or something... silly me

BeaIank likes this.
  5. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

It is almost painful to look at the loot on Fel level 6 chests, even with 2200 luck. :(
    There is nothing noteworthy there at all among the magic items.

They could use a small bump at least, so we can see an artie here and there when doing them.

6. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yeah the loot bump was a total farce. All they did was put the new names on the old crap, same ole same ole

7. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

Agreed - and why are we still getting these outdated minor artifacts in the green bag as if they are still some sort of special award?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cupid likes this.
  8. Tranquility

Tranquility Journeyman

Treasure Hunting is WORTHLESS since the introduction of Global Loot and Forged Pardons.

You can wear all the luck in the world there isn't one thing in the chest that is worth a damn.

First off, the loot from Treasure Hunting doesn't compare to fighting other high end Monsters.

Secondly, Royal Pardons (The only thing that made Treasure Hunting worthwhile) have made forged pardons worthless.

Perhaps the Dev Team isn't aware of the fact that a UO Account has 6 character slots; and if someone wants to participate in VvV they can create and build a character to do so instead of wiping out all their anti-social behavior going on for 17 years. Nice going!:mad2:

The new talismans eclipse the Mana Phasing Orbs. Furthermore, the market for Mana Phasing Orbs has been totally saturated even prior to the changes.

And if anyone asks if Treasure Hunting is about making gold and getting rich; You bet your damn ass it is. I do it for the gold!

Treasure Hunting needed a re-vamp and a boost Prior to Publish 86! Instead Publish 86 has had the opposite effect and has put the treasure Hunter on the verge of extinction.

To appease PvPers which account for a small portion of the playerbase (They would have joined VvV without the Forged Parson) and sacrificing Treasure Hunting which is a HUGE part of UO was dumb as rocks move.:thumbdown:

Put the treasure back in treasure hunting.

Uriah Heep likes this.
  9. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

I went into Wrong a few nights ago to do a little farming and see whats what. My luck suit wasn't that high mind you, but the loot was simply laughable. Was it intentional to make skills capped at +5 ? because every piece of jewelry was +5 ONLY. I can only assume that this is by design and I simply missed the write up about it ?

10. Tranquility

Tranquility Journeyman

The real kicker is we have another thread here on Uhall with the PvPers whining about needing EVEN more STUFF, apparently Royal Forged Pardon and all that VvV jazz is insufficient. VvV in general isn't making the PvPers happy and they want MORE. Are we surprised?

What is surprising is the Devs are destroying major parts of the game to try and fix smaller parts of the game. Keep systems separate at all times.

So the Devs completely ruined Treasure Hunting, an activity in which hundreds of UO subscribers engage in to try and please 10 PvPers who already clamouring for MORE.:rolleyes:

Terrible, Terrible decision and zero foresight:thumbdown:.

11. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I agree, Devs, PLEASE, put the treasure back in treasure hunting !!

12. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Here's an idea, remember mooonstone jewelry? How about instead of that ridiculous move you made with it when you killed the gypsy camps, make a slight chance for it to spawn in lvl 5-6-7 chests...

13. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I have a question. Is anyone seeing single mod jewels with max intensity in the chests? I have not done any since the publish and RTB started. I am looking for a good source for stuff like that and having a heck of a time finding one.