1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Treasure Hunting] Luck and Treasure Hunting

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Tomarke, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

Do treasure hunters need luck? Actually a better question is does luck affect the loot generated in the chest? I know it affects the loot on the guardians (but that's not necessarily what I'm after).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

No I don't think so. I'm waiting for the new loot system to be rolled out to treasure chests as this is what they need. 99% of the loot from the chests at the moment is junk.

Barry Gibb likes this.
  3. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

Yah, i'm getting ready, I have a houseful of maps and I am training up a pure bard treasure hunter. I am also getting ready to build a suit for her and am just thinking about the mods I'll need. Not having to worry about putting luck on each piece will let me make the suit more complimentary to the skills and stats. Thx for the reply.

DJAd likes this.
  4. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I run a tamer treasure hunter who use to be able to solo lvl 6 maps.....for those I run a 100 ltc 70 suit with 45 dci ....that will normally keep me alive while my pets rips them up.

Starting to make a luck suit for this character as well. It will be for when I stone off cart and lp and put on peace and music.... Then she can just farm spawn for resources. A lot has changed since I left but assuming treasure hunting hasn't....luck helps with guardian loot only, not with chest loot

5. Mac

Mac Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

My THunter was a bard thunter, now running a Disco/Myst/THunter. I switched cause I was having problems when I ended up with just a single baddie left and really had no way to kill it. Now I can throw up a RC, disco the baddie, and watch it die. Works just finnnnnne.

6. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I read an update the other day.....test centre most recent patch 86.01, luck affects chest loot on this patch..... No promise it will make launch but it is something they are trying