1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Luck bugged?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by lancelot99, Sep 17, 2012.

1. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

Spent a small fortune buying items to increase my luck to get a better chance at arties/great loot, but just read a post stating that anything above 1100 luck is wasted!!! as it does not count?

Is this the truth?

2. Joey Porter

Joey Porter Guest

From what I have seen and what others have tested it appears anything above 1100 luck actually hurts your chances. Kind of starts over after 1100 from what I can deduce.

Seems kind of odd to me that such an integral part of the game would be broken like that and not addressed by the dev's.

3. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

yes teasted over and over and seems 1000 - 1200 is good anything more is bad. I have a suit that was 40 points for the max possible all LRC, LMC and resitsts but isnt worth the leather it was made with.

Very sad, and i wish it was looked at and fixed also, but until then - phfft

Lord Frodo likes this.
  4. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I've got decent pieces at exactly 1100 and under indeed , some legendaries not cursed and all...

5. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

The only way to get a Max Luck is using a lot of runics and then this
    Forged Metal Tool 10 Charges (100% Enhancement)
    which costs RL $. They said they fixed luck in the revamped dungeons and I can say for a fact that I get better loot with 1100-1200 luck. Sad UO is charging RL $ for something that does not work.

6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Luck has always been buggy.

Spiritless likes this.
  7. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yes luck was bugged but the devs said they fixed it for the revamped dungeons.

8. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

My sampire has been pretty lucky. You get 1000+ luck bonus with perfection, then I got about 200 on my suit so when out kicking ass I've managed to bag a few nice loot items, non-cursed etc.

I don't think its broken, it just needs explaining more.

9. flappy6

flappy6 Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

if you run more than 1100 luck your going to get alot of cursed items,I run 3000 luck and i get some 15 mod items but always cursed i think i have one that is 16 mods but all cursed, luck has to do with the weight which means if you run too high of luck your going to have way more rolls for it to be cursed,seems like when i run 3000 luck i almost never get splinter weapons,dunno...maybe something to that

10. flappy6

flappy6 Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

ok just check my highest is a 17 mods,but yea they will be cursed,if you use 1100 luck you can prolly get a 10 mod item clean if your lucky

11. Manticore

Manticore Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I ran 1140 luck last night after reading this post and I had nothing but crappy loots. I normally run with 3120 luck and although I get a lot of 13+ mod items cursed but every once in a while I get a clean 5-6 moded item and a very small % of those are actually something useful.

#11 Manticore, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  12. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The amount luck you need really depends on what level of artifact and # of property you want on that eventual clean item drop.

Yes you might get more clean item with lower luck but on the flip side is that even high level artifact drop (greater+) will normally have crappy mods.... When I get a Greater+ artifact, I do not want crappy 5-6 mods when it should have been high intensity with high # of properties.

Nothing sucks more to get a a high level clean arti drop and get shafted by low property count along with low intensity. With higher luck, the lower the chance you will get a clean item. But if you do get that clean drop, you will not run into the lower intensity\low property count item issue as often.

You have to determine the amount of luck that works best for you..... If I want decent pieces then I tend to target my luck to where I can find clean lesser artifact on a regular basis with occasional chance to get a high end piece (1700-2000). If I want to go for broke, I will go with 3k luck and cross my fingers.

1000 luck range will give you a good balance of useable items (imbue-able \ good high intensity Major magic item to lesser artifact).

With 1000 luck if you do have an old account, you can hit that statue and allow you to try for the higher end item for couple hours a day.....

Don't believe what other people tell you, test it out yourself and find your own luck zone.....

#12 NBG, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  13. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

You have a better chance with real life luck than in game luck.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  14. Tzadkiel

Tzadkiel Adventurer

What is this Real Life you speak of.....reported! <kidding>

15. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

i rock an old myrmidon luck suit with etioile blue and janna staff. i throw it on right before poppiing lady m corpse. last three runs i've gotten a glacial, giant blue and the para red hair dye.

16. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Luck has to be worn before last death shot, not right before opening corpse.

17. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, my Archer throws on a 2,200 Luck Suit (4,000+ after Perfection+Sculpture) right before Lady Mel dies, and since he's the top damager, his Luck is what determines her loot. I pull a large amount of good loot off of her with that, including special Hair Dyes.

#17 PlayerSkillFTW, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  18. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

In neo dungeons, I wear a 2280 (3080 w/statue rub) and am quite pleased with the loot and increased chance of arti drop. Outside the neos, I wear a stripped doen 1000 Luck suit...