1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Luck Question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by J.B., Jul 31, 2010.

1. J.B.

J.B. Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

When does the luck actually get counted? What I mean when does the luck get rolled.
    1.happen when you kill the monster
    2. Open the corpse or
    3. When you look at each item?

2. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

*edited for stupidity*

3. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I believe luck is applied by the top damager just as the monster dies.

4. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

This.

5. Exactly this. I have a macro to swap out jewelry to get the +400 luck from the Bleue set. Use it just before the creature dies.

6. J.B.

J.B. Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Right, just as I thought. I also switch out my suit just before the peerless dies.

7. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Remember though. Luck applies to three factors of the drop. Number of properties per item. Intensity of properties and the overall number of items drop.

Luck can effect one, two or all three of the overall loot factors.

8. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

9. statman

statman Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I like the math, but I dont see anywhere an endorsement by EAMythic about the validity of your solutions.

Frankly, the only useful piece of info is in the beginning when you mention RNG *laugh* The rest is sorta pointless. The RNG immediately means that no amount of math can account for just how broken the RNG is.

And if you are swapping out items before killing blow to max luck, just how long do you think it takes the game to update your luck score to use for determining the loading of loot on the killed mob? These things are not instantaneous you know.

Anyway, I spent a great deal of time empirically testing luck awhile back, and I also performed the same tests recently. The findings havent change at all.

So, mine as well max out your armor with good properties and throw luck by the wayside.

But, do as you feel is right :)

10. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

As have I. And I can tell you that luck DOES work.

Easiest way to tell is by doing lady mel. DO it ten times with no luck. Don't use perfection or any luck bonus. examine the loot. Next, do it 10 more times maxing out your luck. You'll see quickly the huge difference luck makes in loot factors. Items may suck, but they will have high intensities/max properties.

Also. I've always switched out luck pieces just before the monster was finished. It has always taken the luck as the monster was killed. Not some random time before it was killed...