1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Luckiest Steal?

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by LordDrago, Nov 12, 2009.

1. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 26, 2004
    I was running around stealing in Doom, when I got killed by something. As I am dying and preparing to run outside to rez and get back in, up pops a gump informing me that at some point in time I have planted a seed from the silver tree in teh Abyss and would I like to rez and be transported there with all my items. I figure what the heck, why not? So I do.

Arriving there, I pull up the handles to claim anything on my body, and what do my eyes behold...the Light of the Void sitting at my feet.

Hit my steal button and it is mine, all mine.

Fate perhaps?
  2. red sky

red sky Sage
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Yeah that's probably the luckiest steal. Although I have to admit being the person who stole all of the artifacts on Origin when it first came out would have been nice too. It was basically a race to see who could get the highest stealing in the shortest amount of time. I think it took like a day until someone had enough stealing to successfully steal everything.
  3. I stole Inquis Resolution from a player when he was visiting my tower in Fel :) Wow how he cried that it wasn't fair and pleaded for them back :)
  4. The same exact thing happened to me in the Abyss. I got killed in the cavern of the discarded and ended up back at the Silver Sapling. At my feet was Light in the Void and on the way back to the cavern I got one of the dead plant artis in the ruined city.
  5. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Oct 27, 2003
    the first day SA opened I traveled the dungeon on someone other than thief (who was not prepared to steal anything of value at the time) and watched the first pair of rotting oars stolen on our shard

I logged in with my thief every day thereafter, at the oars, with forays into other areas to see what I might pick up, but the oars were always the target....

logged in yesterday to move him to something else and bam... they were finally there :)
  6. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jan 30, 2003
    When academic books were released, I was certain that some scripter would camp the spot for ages and sell them at outrageous prices. I took my thief to the champ area and of course they weren't there. I decided to do a bit of exploring and actually saw them in another area!!! So I quickly nabbed the books and became the proud owner of an academic bookcase. :)