1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Luc's blog

Discussion in 'EA Land/The Sims Online Stratics Forums' started by Gilly, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Gilly

Gilly Guest

I have not been able to log into the blog since last week....has anyone else?

Maybe it's gone for good. [​IMG]

2. NikiKing

NikiKing Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I havent been able to either. Kinda worries me because I was gonna cancel my accts and now I cant get into the billing stuff.

3. Katheryne

Katheryne Guest

Error 404 - Request page could not be found

It seems that, along with pulling the plug on the game servers, they also pulled the plug on the website's server as well. The server is not responding to pings at ea-land.ea.com or 159.153.230.201.

4. Ryder Strong

Ryder Strong Guest

Did anyone save a copy of the blogs for archival purposes?

5. Wyld Cherry

Wyld Cherry Guest

He sure does want the TSO/EALand name to go POOF. I understand he did his best but. He sucks at letting or telling anyone that he was going to pull the plug on the blog b4 anyone could get copies for archival.

Tells you he's a sort of a backstabble or he contridics <--spelling on that sorry lol) things he says or do.

Its my opinion so, but heck game is gone right, we should be able to speak our minds right LoL

6. Polly

Polly Guest

I'm not sure that Luc had any control over the blog once he left EA.

Towards the end the only names left for the team were Parizad and Randy. As someone mentioned earlier, seems more likely that EA just unplugged that server, rather than Luc having anything to do with removal of the blog.

I could be wrong, but thats my thoughts on it.

Polly

7. Gilly

Gilly Guest

Yes, it stopped being Luc's personal blog when EA took it over as the main EA-Land site.

I can not remember exactly, but the url (address) changed from when it was started by Luc and the last time I logged in.

So whatever is the status of the site, right now, it is not Luc's call anymore.:blushing:

The Wiki is still up....it may be owned buy Luc...or not....:coco:

8. Katheryne

Katheryne Guest

The name change from http://tso-e.com/blog to http://ea-land.ea.com/blog changed some time last year. With the change went any ownership rights Luc might have had with the blog when EA hosted it on their own servers. The loss of the blog has nothing to do with Luc.