1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Bowcraft/Fletching] Lumber Needed?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Phaen Grey, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Does anyone have any solid numbers on how much lumber is needed to take Bowcraft from 0 to gm? I've tried searching the forum but all the guides though very helpful don't state any estimates on lumber used.

2. gmcbroom

gmcbroom Guest

Unfortunately, i didn't write it down. but if your on Siege Perilous its less than 100k. The hard part is going from 0-70 but once Rate of Time kicks in the consumption of wood decreases. I used the Heartwood quests but just making one of the appropriate items at the timed interval saves boards. Now as for the prodo shards the benefit is of course buying the skill up or starting high in Fletching but i still can't give you those numbers sorry. I hope this helps and good luck.

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

The previous estimates all predate SE and ML, so I was hoping for people to actually submit modern ones, in the sticky thread above - especially one using the method of crafting for the Heartwood Quests, as the training.

4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

An MMORPG.com article estimates 100k to move from 30-GM.

5. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Ballpark figure for me this year was around 130 - 150k from 30 to GM.

6. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Im going to train both Carpentry and Bowcraft in the next few days.
    Could you tell me what method you need updated numbers on basara?

A pm would be great since im really good at loosing threads i should follow :wall:

7. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I have 50 bowcraft soulstoned, a friend is starting from what ever you can buy. Will also keep track of numbers and post them here.

8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Bowcraft training method.

Go to Heartwood.

Do the "A simple Bow" quest (bows) until 60*
    Do the "Ingenious Archery I" (crossbows) until 80-85*
    Do the "Ingenious Archery II" (heavy crossbows) until 90-95*
    Do the "Ingenious Archery III" (repeating crossbows) to GM.

* The uncertainty is the fact that the sweet spot for crafting gains is between 60% & 80%, but the above examples all go over 80% before the next item to craft/train hits 60%. So, the transition point is up to the crafter.

Gains are possible until 70 on bows, to GM on all the crossbow types, though for diminishing returns above 80% chance of success (see the bowcraft/fletching calculator for exact numbers)