1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Lumberjacking

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Galingree, May 22, 2011.

1. Galingree

Galingree Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have a question concerning lumberjacking:
    With my ornate axe after honor and EoO I make 232 max on a critical with lightning strike. Now I dropped parry and added 100 lumberjacking. However, my max criticals stay at exactly 232. I thought LJ would not fall under the 300% cap. So, why do I not hit harder now or in other words why is the max damage not increased?

2. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You get a small damage increase, and then the ability for burst damage. It's a relatively low percentage. Basically your burst damage has to line up perfectly with when your crit connects.

A quick test would be to look at your damage window on your status bar, and then soulstone lumberjacking off to see the base damage benefit.

3. Galingree

Galingree Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for your reply. Only after I posted this thread my Sampire realised that he had LJ. Max damage is 248 now (150 str, 120 tactics, 100 anatomy, 100 LJ). Will raise anatomy to 120 and that should be the maximum possible then...:)

4. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

LJ is very nice. Also experiment with Focus Gems. If I use a hatchet and I get an LJ dmg crit + the peak damage range of focus gem my AIs get up to 333 :)