1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Swordsmanship] lumberjacks

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by mcrowe1082, May 22, 2009.

1. mcrowe1082

mcrowe1082 Guest

so i have a couple questions about warriors i used to play years and years ago and back then i think it was if you had gm lumberjacking gm swords and gm tactics then you got a damage bonus when using an axe. now i'm not sure if that is still true or not.

another question what is a good template for a warrior with lumberjacking since all axes are 2 handed weapons and i cannot use a shield... (that is if it is even effective to have lumberjacking skill with a warrior.)

also i just recently aquired a full virtue set of armor and was wondering if that was the best option for me as a warrior or if i can do better?

and as far as axes go what are the best axes to use?

i would appreciate any advice i can get.......... thx

2. Lumberjacking still gives a 10% DI bonus, but it's not worth using up 100 points for. You'd be better off using Bushido and get a 100% DI bonus, among other things.

3. mcrowe1082

mcrowe1082 Guest

thx for advice now what is the best way to raise bushido? or should say the easiest way to raise it?

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

here is a guide
    http://www.uoguide.com/Bushido

basicly use confidense
    then momentum strike
    and ls
    once i was able to use ls i used it all the time this was on my archer but for a swords warrior this guide should work for you

5. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

LJ is more than 10%. When I equip my ornate on my Necro/Lumberjack My damage is window is from 76-84.

6. I could have sworn it was a 10% increase to base damage.

I wonder if that info is even posted anywhere?

7. mcrowe1082

mcrowe1082 Guest

well back when i played in the late 90's i am pretty sure it was a 30% damage bonus while using and axe which is why i took lj in the first place but if it is only 10 then its not really worth it anymore so i might try to go with bushido. but if anyone knows for sure or if it is listed somewhere just let me know

8. It's not worth it anymore at all. You can get up to 100% DI from Bushido, plus it works with parry without requiring a shield.

9. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

In most cases Connor is right, Bushido is better for PvP and PvM.

Only reason I have an LJ is because I made a necro axer to corpse skin and do 70 dmg crushing blows!

10. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Bushido is a very useful skill, but you have to remember that you need to use honor to get the perfection and if someone already has the target honered, well your out of luck. You can honer yourself for some additional DI as well.

On the other hand though depending on the template LJ damage would be a consistent damage bonus.