1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Luring, bills sabotage goggles?

Discussion in 'Toontown General Discussion' started by Fangs McWolf, Nov 11, 2008.

?

Does using a bill counteract/sabotage goggles?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Fangs McWolf

Fangs McWolf Guest

Okay so I've been asked, if someone is using goggles to lure and another person whips out a bill ($1/$5/$10), will that cause the goggles to miss?

Personally I've seen it go both ways, so my view is that it doesn't hurt but it doesn't exactly mean the weaker lure will 'hit' and get points for it.

2. Trish

Trish Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have seen a $10 bill pull a cog, while a blue magnet pulls the other three. I have seen a $10 bill miss while a blue magnet or goggles will hit. I don't think one has to do with the other in terms of hitting or missing.

3. ZippyW

ZippyW Guest

If a $10 bill is used on cog 1 and a blue magnet is also used, how would you know whether the $10 was the pull or not? Wouldn't the magnet pull them all? I can't remember ever seeing where a magnet/goggles were used and a bill, and just the cog with the bill didn't get pulled when the others came forward. Interesting.

4. Streify

Streify Guest

i have seen it before
    that one cog gets lured by the bill and the other by a magnet

you can tell because they bend down to pick up the bill and it looks different when they get lured with a magnet and again different when the goggles are being used

also have seen a bill hit and the magnet miss

5. Trish

Trish Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yep, one creeps down to follow the bill, while the other three get magnetized in. It's funny to see.

6. Mavric

Mavric Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Yepper, Trish be right.
    As far as my lures, they all miss, lol.

Mavric

7. ZippyW

ZippyW Guest

I'll have to start paying closer attention to that! It does seem that the lures are missing lately in the factory, or at least mine have been!

8. Fangs McWolf

Fangs McWolf Guest

I've noticed that the hits/misses ratio seems to change from time to time. Some days/weeks you can have almost 100% hit ratio, then other days/weeks, it's 50% (giving ideas not literal statistics).

Be nice if there's a pattern to the madness and to know how to fore-see it happening, because then you can either avoid playing or at least change how you play to account for the expected misses.

9. james64468

james64468 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have to talk to a friend and have him test it.

10. ZippyW

ZippyW Guest

Same with sound. There have been times, in the bullion especially, where you stop being surprised that sound missed AGAIN.