1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mace Fighting

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Slayvite, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I've recently started to work up my Macing skill since i've been getting alot of clubs and stuff from the Invasion forces.

My question is,
    Why is the Primary ability on a Club 'shadow strike' ??

When was the last time you saw somebody hiding in the shadows with a piece of 2 x 4 ??
    More to the point, if im working a Melee char. why would i have hiding? i'd have to be stood next to the monster to hit it and they all seem to have reveal these days anyway.
    Plus where would i find the 100 skill points from for Hiding on a Melee template.

The secondary ability is 'Dismount' which makes more sense but 'shadow strike' ?
    Surely 'crushing blow' or paralising blow' would make more sense.

2. Inspector

Inspector Guest

I don't know why but that made me LOL, anyways yeah the specials don't make much sense but I guess that's just the way it is.

3. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I suppose the club is the closest thing we have in UO to a blackjack, which is traditionally used to club people from the shadows.

4. Azmira Zalof

Azmira Zalof Guest

Ninja macers are quite effective in pvp. :(

5. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It's for the people who like to role play on their Tonya Harding Chars.

6. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

*nods*

-Galen's player

7. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

exactly

8. drawn

drawn Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

well with the recent nerf of concussion blow on its way, the only viable macing weapon left is a War Axe. bleed and AI are pretty much all thats left to play with.

9. I agree, out in the open clubbings are much more commonplace, it's a question of realism.

10. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I use a club on my Assassin. The club is the ideal weapon for the assassin. With only 4 weapon slots on UOA I try to cover as many useful specials as I can. Shadow Strike and Dismount both happen to be on the list of useful specials.

I get dismounted by someone and there is a group around me? OH NOESS mirror image and shadow strike.

11. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

It is a nice special for that kinda of template.

Question: With using shadow strike, if the club has hit spell on it, will that reveal you since there is usually a slight delay?