1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Macro/Desktop dir - where are they ???

Discussion in 'UHall' started by OnePercent, Jan 22, 2009.

1. OnePercent

OnePercent Guest

Hi looking for a quick Tech answer.

Haven’t played UO for years, but I have all my cfg – macro files ect. Problem is I can’t find the ‘pre/auto installed’ macro file, to replace it with my old ones.

I removed the Desktop Folder, and put in my old one but nothing changed. I have all the basic new installed desktop and macros still.
    So ingame; I made some changes to my desktop, and added a few test macros. These all saved. But .. I can’t find the file/s they saved to - to replace them.

I even tried searching the UO dir by last modified option – but I still can’t find these files.

Anyone have any ideas ????

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

They got moved to your MY Documents folder a publish or two ago, in order to comply with Windows standards for such things.

3. OnePercent

OnePercent Guest

Oh for the love of being tricky !!!!

Many Thanks .........

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

There was actually a legit reason for the move - a decent number of security programs (i.e. antivirus, etc.) were having difficulty with the concept of someone having settings outside My Documents, and were blocking UO for some people, IIRC.

KR was already set up in My Documents anyway, so it wasn't that big an issue to move 2D there (though I wouldn't have wanted to have been the one to code the relocation, especially the part where it moved the existing files - 12 year old spaghetti code is dangerous to mess with).

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I memory serves me right the problem was brought to light with the new version of Norton, which was deleting macros.