1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Macro for moving fish into the Hold from main pack ?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by popps, Jul 25, 2011.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Is there a way to set up a Macro, perhaps with UOAssist, to move all fish that one has fished up which appears into the Main backpack, and have it go directly into the Ship's Hold ?

I am asking, because moving the fish one by one into the Ship's Hold from the Main Backpack is very time consuming, it takes almost as much time as what it takes to fish them up.

Being able to press a macro and see it go straight into the Hold autostacking would be a time saver.......

Anyone knows how this might be done ?

Also, can the same thing be done with the footware that is fished up ?

Is there a way to set up a Macro so that at the press of a key all footware would move from one's own Main Backpack onto another container placed on the Ship ? I say placed on the ship so as not to have footware take up room either in one's own Main Backpack or in the Ship's Hold. If the footware is moved into another container that lays on the ship it won't add to one's own item count at all.

Thanks.

2. neptune1369

Stratics Veteran

hold down ctrl+shift easyer tham moving 1 at a time you can pick up the whole stack that way

3. mess around with UOA and find out.

4. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

If you are using EC with my UI you can use the organizer agent :p

5. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

today i had a very hard time droping fish onto the hold (tonokia boat).
    it keep dropping them outside. i ended up just opening hold and drop the fish onto a like looking fish and they would pop into the correct group.
    its a pain anyhow for me.

lorddog

6. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Can not be done with UOA as the container you are targeting has to be in your backback. Sorry

7. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Use just the SHIFT key to move items from your backpack.

8. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

So you are telling us that EA/UO told UOA they could not do this but the EC is allowed to target containers outside the char.s backpack. If this is true it will be a scripters dream.

9. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This is what I use

10. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

So you are telling us with the EC it will take stacks of fish out of your backpack and place them into your ships hold for you, all you have to do is hit a macro. By the way this is something that UOAs author was told it was illegal to do. Placing objects from a char backpack into a container outside the char's backpack, that is why the organizer container must be in the char backpack for it to work.

11. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

its triggered by the mouse movement you have to be moving the mouse for it to work (you cannot hit a macro and move everything)

12. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

TY The way Pinco said it was you hit a macro and it would do it all for you. That would have been a scripters dream. Fish Catch fish Place fish in ships hold Rinse and repeat.

13. popps

popps Always Present

I thought that scripts cannot run with the Enhanced Client.......

Most of the arguments I read about shutting down the Classic Client were about this, that the Enhanced Client makes scripting go the way of the dodo..........

Besides, I would imagine that scripting utilities already are capable, one way of the other, to script the moving of wanted items to and from containers external to one's own main backpack. Ain't this what looting scripts do all the time ??

Therefore, as I see it, scripters already can get this done, it is normal players who do not script who are at a loss here.......

14. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

you can't use cheats, only legit player made ui enhancements. The organiser in Pinco's ui only works as long as the mouse is kept moving. It can not be done afk.