1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Macro Keys

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Another Lamer, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Another Lamer

Another Lamer Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Anyone know if 3rd mouse buttons will be supported in the new client like they are in uo assist?

For example 3rd mouse button on side of mouse = target self

Without proper mouse support I can see the client being a flop amoungst pvpers again (I hope they will fix the issues)

Edit:

A bit of an afterthought.......they will also need to put in queue last target......essentially if everything on uo assist isnt built in, a lot of people wont use it

2. BTeng_Mythic

BTeng_Mythic UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Mouse3, Mouse4, and Mouse5 can be bound to any action.

3. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you say so, then I will have to look at why my Logitech MX400 doesn't register the mouse 4 & 5.
    But this is great news that you do support it. OMG you made my day! :danceb:

4. BTeng_Mythic

BTeng_Mythic UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Let me know the results. There's none of those around the office but I do have the same model at home and last I checked, it was fine.

5. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable

I use the latest Logitech Setpoint drivers. Perhaps I should uninstall and see if it works like that first. I also want to point out that I have it on a gaming laptop. So it "could" be a conflict with the mousepad and this type of mouse. I don't have any problems with any other game or program, but with KR, SA, and UO-Assist, I can't get the thumb buttons to work.
    A couple of months ago, I tested this MX400 and the MS Hubu mouse on two laptops and a desktop to no avail with KR and UOA. Uninstalled mouse drivers, no luck. Re-installed drivers, no luck. I figured it's just UO not liking thumb buttons.
    I'll try all my mice with SA and see.

6. pgcd

pgcd Guest

I can confirm - only Mouse4 works for me though, but I suppose it's a driver problem (microsoft wilreless 5000, got plenty of issues with other applications).

I'd still like to be able to assign the mouse wheel to other actions, though - possibly with modifiers like ctrl and alt...

7. TheGrayGhost

TheGrayGhost Guest

Mine are working. I am using a Lachesis though.

8. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable

I uninstalled my logitech setpoint drivers and my mouse now works with mouse buttons on the thumbs! Awesome.
    But must be a problem with the Vista64 bit logitech setpoint drivers. Heck, I don't need them.
    My mouse thumb works!
    Oh the possibilities!

9. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable

It's definately some conflict with the logitech setpoint 4.72.40 and prior. I installed SA on my work Vista 32bit computer (muhaha :eyes:) which I have the same exact mouse, and I can't bind the thumbs either.

Just something to make note of.