1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Macro Question

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by exparte, Jan 27, 2010.

1. exparte

exparte Guest

Hi, just returned to Ultima Online last week after a 4 year absence (read: Warcraft). Anyway, im used to my hotkeys being shift-letter (Shift-A, Shift-B, etc)

So I set up some spells and skills to these Shift macros, problem is, everytime I click one of these while im out adventuring, it literally puts the letter out like im saying it. Now it wont of course unless I hit return, but every so often I have to hit enter and spurt out DDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCCCCCCDDDDDDDD just to empty the line.

I hope this makes sense, and is there a way around this? Thanks!
  2. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 11, 2008
    On the classic client (ie 2D), afraid not. Alternatively, you can try switching to ctrl or alt instead of shift.

Now, on the enhanced client, you have a setting to let you press "enter" to go into chat mode. If you are used to the WoW interface with hotbars and such, the EC might work better for you.